Hanoi (VNA) – Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Dinh Tien Dung received the ambassadors of the European Union (EU) and the UK to Vietnam on October 14.
Talking to EU Ambassador Giorgio Aliberti , Dung noted some local socio-economic highlights in the recent past and said Hanoi looks to become a green, civilised, modern, and smart city, retain the "City for Peace" title, and maintain fast, comprehensive, and sustainable development.
The capital city is taking numerous concrete measures to recover and develop its economy after a long period of time under the COVID-19 impact. It is also stepping up administrative reforms, improving the investment climate, and removing difficulties facing businesses.
Hanoi has worked actively to integrate into the world, with priority given to international economic integration, he said, adding that it has basically put the pandemic under control thanks to drastic and effective moves.
Applauding the recent cooperation programmes between the EU and Hanoi, the official stressed that his city views the cooperation with EU members as a leading priority during its development process.
Hanoi hopes that the EU will continue assisting and sharing its experience in such fields as developing green economy and circular economy, protecting the environment, treating waste, training high-quality human resources, and preserving cultural heritage.
Speaking highly of efforts to contain COVID-19 by the Vietnamese Government and Hanoi, Ambassador Aliberti said he hopes people's life will soon return to normal.
He stressed that EU members are ready to share experience in the areas they are strong at and hope that the two sides will accelerate the European University of Management project and the urban rail route No. 3 project, and work together in cultural heritage preservation.
The same day, the Party official of Hanoi met with Ambassador of the UK Gareth Ward, who emphasised the encouraging cooperation results in health care and education.
The British diplomat voiced his hope that the two sides will bolster partnerships in the fields his country has strength like finance, banking, education, climate change response, and environmental protection.
Dung expected the UK – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement, signed in late 2020, will help strengthen bilateral investment ties, thus contributing to the cooperation between Hanoi and British localities and partners.
He hoped Ambassador Ward will continue serving as a bridge to help intensify bilateral relations in a more effective and practical manner./.
- Iran's ambassador to UK reveals bilateral talks over £400m debt
- Party official receives US-ASEAN Business Council delegation
- Brexit: Boris Johnson says 'no need' for UK to follow EU rules on trade
- Ireland to seek emergency EU help in case of no-deal Brexit
- Brexit: UK leaves the European Union
- No 'business as usual': EU's Michel Barnier warns Britain that it faces 'lots of consequences' in December if Boris Johnson walks away from a post-Brexit trade deal
- More than $150,000 allocated for COVID-19 tests in Hanoi
- 'A new Europe is born': Centre majority loses 40-year grip on EU parliament - as hard-right Italian Deputy PM welcomes the result and nationalist parties prosper across the contentment
- UK police criticize Boris Johnson for using them as an election prop
- Schools closures continue in Hanoi amid rising virus fears
- Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank toasted wedding downing tequila shots and partying with pals until 4am
- EU seeks to tackle coronavirus as Italy locks down north, prisoners riot
- Labour Brexit policy CONFIRMED as party backs Remain in a second referendum
- Coronavirus: UK's approach 'concerning', says Jeremy Hunt
- Princess Eugenie royal wedding pictures: Newly-wed bride and groom beam in stunning official images
- Family of second coronavirus victim to die in the UK say hospital was 'too slow' to isolate him: Caribbean cruise ship passenger, in his 80s, was left 'coughing excessively' on a ward for six hours as relatives fear he could have passed on the infection
- UK: Russia spied on Skripals for five years before nerve-agent attack
- Top Labour Leader Candidate Starmer Won’t Rule out Campaigning to Rejoin EU
- Brexit: UK government faces legal challenge over single market
- The UK Has Made up Its Mind’: No 10 Hits Back at EU over Brexit Ultimatum, Will Publish Draft FTA Pact
Hanoi's Party official hosts ambassadors of EU, UK have 686 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.