Specifically, 139 new FDI projects worth USD 76.8 million were licensed in the period, while existing projects absorbed USD 442.4 million.
In May alone, Hanoi gave the green light to 14 wholly foreign-owned projects and two foreign joint ventures, with combined registered capital of USD 5.3 million. Meanwhile, foreign investors poured USD 184 million in operational projects.
Regarding domestic enterprises, 2,238 new enterprises were established in Hanoi in May, up 8 percent year on year, which registered a total VND 42.3 trillion (USD 1.84 billion) in capital, up 69 percent.
At the same time, 245 firms dissolved, up 20 percent, and 788 suspended operation, an increase of 28 percent, but 644 resumed operation, a surge of 51 percent.
- Online transport marketplace Vahak raises USD 5 million
- Stonebridge raises USD 200 million through India-focused SPAC, lists on NASDAQ
- Dog theft campaign attracts 1,000 supporters a month after pet crime spike
- Hanoi targets GRDP growth up to 7.5% in 2021
- Hanoi industrial production growth slows to 4.44% in Q1
- Long An leads country in attracting FDI
- Online used car retailing platform Spinny raises USD 108 m in funding round
- Hanoi proposes schools reopen Saturday
- App Spending on Christmas Grew 35 Percent to $407 Million Globally: Sensor Tower
- Black Widow Box Office Kicks Off to $215 Million Opening Weekend Worldwide
- Ola to Invest $100 Million in Indian Scooter Sharing Startup Vogo
- US Sets Up $10 Million Reward in Fight Against Ransomware Attacks; Payout Option in Cryptocurrency
- India holds on to position as second-largest source of FDI for UK
- India back on FDI radar,beats recession blues
- Hanoi eyes 15 million domestic holiday-makers in 2021
- Hanoi spends US$43.6 million to buy Covid-19 vaccines
- Quang Ninh targets safe, attractive tourism destination
- Employees, employers able to access 1.13 bln USD support package from July 8
- Hanoi tourism sector strives to reach “dual target” amid COVID-19
- 'FDI in 2021 may surpass 2020 numbers led by further relaxation of norms, opening up of more sectors'
Hanoi attracts USD 519.2 million in FDI in five months have 280 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at December 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.