Chairman of the association Nguyen Dang Cuong said Poland was one of the first countries to recognise and set up diplomatic relations with the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, now the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. It continually supported Vietnam during the two resistance wars and the following national construction.
In recent years, bilateral connections have been increasingly enhanced via mutual visits by their leaders and cooperation programmes in economy, culture, education, and people-to-people diplomacy, according to him.
Cuong also took this occasion to thank former leaders of the friendship association and the Polish Embassy in Vietnam for helping the organisation fulfil its role as a bridge linking people of HCM City and Poland so as to contribute to the two countries' ties.
Polish Ambassador Wojciech Gerwel expressed his delight at the strides in the nations' traditional friendship, noting that they have developed their friendship and cooperation on the basis of government-to-government links, the Vietnamese people who used to study and work in Poland, and the Vietnamese community in his homeland.
Congratulating the Vietnam-Poland Friendship Association of HCM City on its founding anniversary, he voiced his hope that those who used to study and work in Poland will continue helping with bilateral friendship and cooperation.
Poland is currently the largest trade partner of Vietnam in Central and Eastern Europe with bilateral trade topping 3 billion USD in 2019. Vietnam mainly exports electronic products, leather footwear, apparel, and farm produce to Poland.
In addition, the two sides hold potential for cooperation in the areas Poland has strength in like software development, information technology, heavy industry, and agricultural equipment.
- A year on, Poland's abortion ruling is causing ‘incalculable harm' to women and girls
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS NOVEMBER 25
- Vietnam – Singapore training centre marks 20th founding anniversary
- Towards Fifty, UAE Celebrates its Golden Jubilee National Day 2021
- Aamir Khan And His Ex Wife Kiran Rao Reunite To Celebrate Son Azad's Birthday; See Photos
- ISWAMI applauds Malaysian PM's call to strengthen Malaysia-Indonesia media ties
- Some Worry About Judicial Nominee’s Ties to a Religious Group
- The ultimate Christmas Gift Guide for all the friends and family coming to stay this year
- Central city calls for ICT investment from South Korea
- Prue Leith opens up on love affair as Bake Off star says she had to end the union
- Facebook, Instagram remove accounts linked to Chinese COVID-19 disinformation efforts
- Hands off Ukraine! Liz Truss and NATO warning to Putin: 'Will be a high price to pay!'
- President Phúc wishes to lift Việt Nam-Russia trade by 15 times from current $5 billion
- Lebanese businesses pay steep price for standoff with Saudis
- 12 Colorado festivals to brighten any winter day
- Barbados ditches Queen Elizabeth to become a republic, declares Rihanna a national hero
- Kate and William hit with 'lose-lose situation' over Meghan invite
- The New Right’s Strange and Dangerous Cult of Toughness
- EastEnders spoilers: Ian Beale actor Adam Woodyatt hints he WON’T return; plus Coronation Street news & Emmerdale latest
- Iraq Wants $88 Billion for Rebuilding. Allies Offer a Fraction of That.
Gathering celebrates 70 years of Vietnam-Poland diplomatic ties have 487 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.