PANO – Following the success of the “Swallow awards 2009 and 2010”, the FPT Group, on September 24th, held a ceremony to present the “Swallow awards 2011” to honour outstanding volunteers and charity individuals and groups.
After three months, the organising panel received 94 entries and chose five volunteers and charity individuals and five groups for the awards.
Moreover, the jury also gave two awards for an individual and a group with most of the votes by the online community at the website: http://vicongdong.vn.
Especially, the panel offered the “Fortitude award” to honour and commemorate the “community boy”, Vu Truong An, who died of leukaemia.
The entries to the third round were assessed by the jury for their quality. “They showed great efforts by youths for the community”, said Chairwoman of the jury, Truong Thanh Thanh.
Quynh Anh, a member of the “Vietnamese youths” social group, affirmed that the awards had an important meaning to encourage charitable individuals and organisations. She also hoped that the awards would draw more sponsors’ interest in encouraging young volunteers to help needy people.
On September 25th, the panel and representatives of groups and individuals advancing to the second round visited the Xuan Phuong leprosarium in Hanoi.
Five Swallow 2011-awarded individuals: Huynh Thanh Thao from the “Share love” team, Vo Xuan Dung from “Fellow countrymen Nghe An – Ha Tinh”, Dang Thi Quynh Trang from the “Clover”, Bui Thi Nga from the Can Tho City Disability People’s Organisation and Vo Tuan Khai Nguyen from the Nhan Viet Group.
Five awarded groups: the Social Club for the Community from HCMC, the Clover Club from Yen Bai, the Social Organisation from Binh Duong, the Nhan Viet Group form Tien Giang and the Belief Club from Hanoi.
Translated by Van Hieu
- Annual BEWSF Fundraiser Honors Outstanding High School Students
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 11
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 8
- 40 extraordinary places to stay in the UK
- 19 tips to help navigate the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo like a pro
- Downers Grove Christian School held its annual Gala
- Drought Angels sees $10 million boost in donations in just one year
- On-Line Silent Auction Benefits Grassroots Crisis Intervention
- Indiana WWII veteran recalls Iwo Jima, 75 Years Later
- Prom Dress Collection Drive Now Underway at Zengeler Cleaners
- South Bay by Jackie Weekend Guide March 5, 2020
- Tickets Available For Darien Foundation's 'Yacht Rock On' Event
- Young Texas Artists Music Competition supports musical excellence for 37 years
- CLC leader named one of county's influential African-Americans
- Vietnamese women rising to the top
- 10 Metro Atlanta Teens Can Now Attend Prom Thanks To Foundation
- Niles North Artists Vie for $88 Million in College Scholarships
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry share unseen photos and video highlights from a meeting with young leaders from the Queen's Commonwealth Trust at Buckingham Palace
FPT offers "Swallow" award to outstanding volunteers and sponsors have 440 words, post on at September 25, 2011. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.