|Foreign-invested enterprises are urging the government to facilitate the green energy revolution|
The requirement was made as a comment for completing the draft Power Development Plan VIII. According to the VBF, numerous credit and financial organisations and international commercial banks announced withdrawing financing from thermal power plant projects after receiving protests over their environmental impact.
The VBF added that numerous thermal power plants, which are expected to be kicked off in 2022, are now in financial difficulties and the investors will only implement the projects with government support.
Thus, the VBF proposed the government to only approve thermal power plants where the investors have enough capital on their own.
It also requested more solutions to promote low-emission alternatives such as offshore gas and imported liquefied natural gas (LNG). Besides, it urged the government to encourage the development of offshore wind farms with a scale of 1-3GW.
Mizuho Financial Group Inc., Japan’s third-largest bank by assets, announced that it would stop financing new coal mining projects from June 1 as global investors and environmental groups urge banks to unload coal-related exposure.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB), which financed several coal-fired electricity projects, also stopped lending for new coal power plants. Instead, it would provide funds for natural gas projects and hybrid electricity solutions involving fossil fuels as backup systems.
Besides, financial firms like British insurer Prudential, Citi, HSBC, and BlackRock Real Assets are devising plans to speed up the closure of Asia's coal-fired power plants to reduce the biggest source of carbon emissions.
By Kim Oanh
- Paraguay - Business Opportunities in a Little Known Tax Haven
- Small Business Grants - What You Need to Know
- Free Business Grant - Small Business and Start Ups
- Ibos and Business Successes
- Business Partnerships
- A Reality Check For Venture Capital Seekers
- Recession Proof Businesses and Strategies to Recession Proof Your Own Business
- The Tax Benefits of a Home Based Business
- How Does Solar Energy Work Today? What is State-Of-The-Art Solar Thermal Technology?
- Business Ethics in the World of Corporate Governance
- How to Start a Home Based Business Or Small Business
- Government Small Business Loans - Will the Administration's Stimulus Bill Help Start-Ups With Loans?
- Deflation - The Real Enemy of Your Successful Business
- Small Business Interview - Patriot Express Loans to Veteran-Owned Businesses - Are They Working?
- Globalization in Business World
- The Venture Capital Industry - An Overview
- Business Guide
- Government Grants For Homes - How to Qualify For Grants by the Federal Government For Home Loans
- Get Grant Money For Your Future Business Wealth
- Tata Capital disburses loans on voice commands
Foreign businesses urge government to approve thermal power plants having enough capital have 413 words, post on vir.com.vn at October 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.