The event was attended by Rear Admiral Nguyen Duy Ty, Commanding Officer of Naval Region 5; Rear Admiral Nguyen Dang Tien, Political Commissar of Naval Region 5; Deputy Chairman of the Ca Mau Provincial People's Committee, and representatives of local and central agencies, among others.
The vessels have been assigned to Flotilla 516 of Naval Region 5. They are new-generation vessels designed and built by Song Thu Corporation following the international standards of Nertherland's Damen Group. The vessels are equipped with numerous modern weapons and equipment.
Speaking at the ceremony, Rear Admiral Nguyen Duy Ty applauded the efforts of the unit's troops in mastering new weapons and equipment, affirming that the strategic viewpoints and special care of the Party, the State, the Central Military Commission and the Ministry of National Defense for the Vietnam People's Navy in the current context.
He hoped that the vessels' troops would continue to promote resounding traditions of the Naval Service and Naval Region 5. He handed over the national flags and the flags of the Naval Service to Ships 526, 527, 528, and 529.
Translated by Trung Thanh
- Cargo vessel runs aground in Kent and narrowly misses a life-size Antony Gormley statue
- Four missing after ‘serious fire’ on cargo ship in Arabian Sea
- Huge cargo ship is left with 13ft HOLE in its side after hitting a concrete quay wall as it came into shore
- Greek coast guard seizes 1.3 tonnes of cannabis on vessel off Crete
- Rolls-Royce plans to launch remote-controlled ships that don’t need crews in just three years
- Cocaine worth $2.5m washes up on Philippine seashore
- Asgardia, the 'space nation', launches first satellite as it looks to slip the surly bonds of Earth
- Busy schedule of events at venue
- Japan reports suspected North Korea sanctions breach
- Russian tankers 'supplied fuel to North Korea via transfers at sea giving Kim Jong un economic lifeline'
- Sunken oil tanker: How to protect the high seas environment?
- Family of crewman who died in King’s Lynn calls for compensation
- On The Waterfront: The history of HMS Portland Bill
- Astonishing history of more than FIFTY shipwrecks lining the British shores with unearthed treasures still on-board
- Farewell as last ship built in Aberdeen sails into history
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so ‘knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb’
- Team of amputee veterans inspired millions when they rowed for 46 46 back-breaking days across the Atlantic
- Dogs like Boo can mean the difference between life and death for veterans
- Brit hero trained in Afghanistan war zone so he knew he could help victims of the Manchester Arena bomb
- Dorset nets £28k for fishing industry boost
Flags raised on Damen RoRo 5612 multipurpose cargo vessels have 424 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.