Ho Chi Minh City's public transport authority has announced the resumption of eight more public bus routes, which are expected to appease travel demands following the easing of COVID-19 restrictions.
After surveying the demand public transport, as well as epidemic safety conditions, the Ho Chi Minh City Management Center of Public Transport has gained approval from the municipal Department of Transport to relaunch eight public bus itineraries, including routes No. 14, No. 20, No. 27, No. 29, No. 141, No. 65, No. 74, and No. 79, starting October 25.
All of these bus routes will operate every day from 5:00 am to 6:00 pm, except for No. 74, which has vehicles leaving Cu Chi Bus Terminus from 4:30 am to 5:30 pm and departing An Suong Bus Terminus between 5:30 am and 6:30 pm.
The Ho Chi Minh City Management Center of Public Transport will consider proposals for more routes to be relaunched based on customer demands and safety conditions, a representative of the center told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper.
On October 5, four bus routes in Can Gio District resumed operations, the first in Ho Chi Minh City to see a relaunch after COVID-19 restrictions shuttered all bus services in late June.
Ho Chi Minh City has been the hardest-hit locality in Vietnam since the beginning of the fourth virus wave on April 27, with more than 418,000 local infections and over 16,300 fatalities.
However, infections have slowed down in recent times while over 6.9 million of its nearly-nine-million population have been given at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose, according to the national COVID-19 vaccination portal.
The city had imposed social distancing measures of various levels since May 31 before easing multiple restrictions on October 1.
- Ho Chi Minh City proposes entrance allowance for 437 foreign workers
- Public buses in Ho Chi Minh City on verge of shutdown as operators deep in debt
- Advanced tactics required to keep Ho Chi Minh City afloat
- Ho Chi Minh City puts forward preservation plan for French-era railway HQ
- Star striker’s goal fails to help Ho Chi Minh City FC level in V-League home game
- UK consul general spectates Ho Chi Minh City football derby
- Ho Chi Minh City Ao Dai Festival kicks off at Nguyen Hue Pedestrian Street
- East Ho Chi Minh City entices new investors
- President Ho Chi Minh’s memorial house in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam is taking drastic action to fast-track Metro Line 1 in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City begins rebuilding park in front of downtown theater
- Ho Chi Minh City university shortlisted for prestigious higher education awards
- Rove beetles attack Ho Chi Minh City residential quarters
- Ho Chi Minh City issues guidelines on medical treatment for foreigners
- Beautiful tropical Ho Chi Minh City in cold weather
- New show to tell Mekong Delta stories in Ho Chi Minh City
- 14 people make illegal entry into Ho Chi Minh City from Cambodia
- Ho Chi Minh City bar listed among best in world
- Ho Chi Minh City’s ‘backpacker area’ bustling again as bars reopen
- Public services set to go cashless in Ho Chi Minh City: official
Eight more bus routes to resume in Ho Chi Minh City next week have 496 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.