ĐẮK NÔNG — Đắk Nông strives to improve its investment climate and welcome businesses and investors to the province, Ngô Thanh Danh, its Party Committee Secretary has said.
Speaking at an event held to honour local businesses' contributions to the province's efforts to ensure economic growth while also staying safe from the COVID-19 pandemic, he said in the year-to-date Đắk Nông's economy had grown by 7.72 per cent.
Retail sales and exports also saw growth, he said.
The province has been focusing on improving its investment and business climate and offering assistance to key projects in various fields such as solar and wind energy, industrial and agricultural products with high added value and tourism, he said.
Hồ Văn Mười, chairman of the province People's Committee, said Đắk Nông possesses resources such as bauxite, from which aluminium is made.
It accounts for 60 per cent of the country's bauxite reserves.
It also has long hours of sunshine and strong radiation, making it a good place for generating solar power.
It is focusing on improving its road infrastructure, especially connectivity with HCM City and southern provinces. The Government has recently approved an expressway spanning the Central Highlands.
Đắk Nông has huge tourism potential, with historical and cultural relics and great natural beauty in the form of the Đắk Nông UNESCO Global Geopark and the Krong No volcanic cave system, the longest of its kind in Southeast Asia.
But Danh said despite the province's efforts it has been difficult to attract investments. Government agencies and the various regions in the province do not work cohesively, resulting in investors facing difficulties with administrative procedures, he said.
There are also problems related to land-, environment- and investment-related administrative procedures, he added.
Mười said there have indeed been problems with administrative procedures for which he has "apologised to local businesses and vowed not to let it happen again."
The province has nearly 2,400 businesses. — VNS
- VN healthcare market, a big draw for investors, foreign and local
- 'We did NOT go too far': Derbyshire chief constable defends officers using drones to stalk hill walkers and dying a lagoon black by saying tactics were less 'draconian' as other forces and they were 'protecting the public'
- Coronavirus latest: Too early to ease restrictions, Merkel says
- Breakingviews - Corona Capital: Banking bonuses, Local TV M&A
- Australia is not for sale! Government cracks down on foreign raiders looking to snap up struggling local firms amid coronavirus crisis - after saying they were on 'high alert' for Chinese buyers
- Sushant Singh Rajput parties with flatmate Siddharth Gupta
- Coronavirus lockdown could be over in six weeks if we did things differently, experts say, as global deaths hit 56,000
- New militant group replacing Isis in Mosul, says city governor
- Coronavirus lockdown could be over in six weeks if we did things differently, experts say
- UN rights chief files intervention application in SC on CAA, India criticises move
- Coronavirus latest: US health chief warns of '9/11 moment'
- Despite what Matt Hancock says, the government's policy is still herd immunity
- Sajid Javid promises to help Windrush migrants saying they remind him of his own relatives as he speaks in Commons for first time as Home Secretary
- Coronavirus latest: Recession in Germany 'inevitable,' government advisers say
- Facebook and Google must be held to account, TV networks say
- 'Prepare for 100,000 to die': Tony Fauci warns of astonishing death toll and tells areas not on lockdown to take action NOW - as Donald Trump says next two weeks will be 'VERY painful' and White House reveals even worse projections
- Potential of cooperatives in organic farming development untapped
- What you must know about China and coronavirus
- Special Report: Before coronavirus, China bungled swine epidemic with secrecy
- Coronavirus latest: Merkel comes out of quarantine as Germany death toll passes 1,000 mark
Đắk Nông Province welcomes investors, says local Party chief have 673 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.