CỬU LONG DELTA — Cần Thơ City and six provinces in the Cửu Long (Mekong) Delta region will take part in an online meeting on October 19 to enhance cooperation in pandemic prevention and control and economic recovery.
The meeting will be hosted by the Cần Thơ City's People's Committee and its Department of Planning and Investment.
The event will focus on cooperation in the key fields of health, agriculture, trade and services, information and communications, transport, and jobs and labour in Cần Thơ City and An Giang, Kiên Giang, Hậu Giang, Sóc Trăng, Bạc Liêu and Cà Mau provinces.
The localities will discuss support for treatment for COVID-19 patients, sharing of vaccines and medical essentials, and dissemination of guides on health treatment at clinics and hospitals in seven provinces and city.
They will also discuss promoting connections between manufacturers and suppliers and traders and trade promotion agencies. In addition, they will try to find ways to sell their specialties and agricultural products on online trading platforms.
Cần Thơ City and the six provinces aim to establish an economic entity, or a commodity market, to promote online trade and tourism.
They will create a priority lane for transport of medical equipment, essential goods and forces serving pandemic prevention and control, along with agricultural and aquaculture products and construction materials.
Passenger and goods transport, as well as logistics, in the region will also be enhanced.
The seven localities cover more than 24,100 square kilometres with a total population of 9.2 million.
According to the Ministry of Health, since the fourth wave, the Delta region has recorded more than 23,300 COVID-19 cases and 325 deaths.
The localities have controlled the outbreak and are returning to a new normal. — VNS
- CPI(M) seeks audit of COVID-19 deaths in Krishna
- Coronavirus: Kate urges struggling addicts to seek help during COVID-19 lockdown
- Indonesia seeking its own COVID-19 vaccine amid worry about access
- WB, Australia to support Vietnam in mitigating COVID-19 impacts
- Hanoi Action Plan boosts ASEAN economic recovery amid COVID-19
- Europe's Longtime Powers Unite Behind EU's COVID-19 Rescue Package
- Beijing Returns to Lockdown After 106 COVID-19 Cases Reported in Recent Days
- New York Governor Gives Final Daily COVID-19 Update
- Nine questions about Beijing's latest COVID-19 outbreak
- COVID-19 Fears Keep Heart Attack, Stroke Patients from Hospitals
- Six Things to Know About the COVID-19 Pandemic Now
- US, Europe, Japan Space Agencies Announce COVID-19 'Dashboard'
- Can Europeans Handle a Spike in COVID-19 Cases?
- HCMC, Mekong Delta promote domestic tourism for post Covid-19 recovery
- Vietnam to allow public debt increase to stimulate economic recovery
- Major businesses undergo slow recovery after Covid-19
- Five more patients with COVID-19 recover, total hits 335
- Malaysia announces 8.2-billion-USD plan for economic recovery
- EU media: EVFTA will give Vietnam economic boost amid COVID-19
- Covid-19: Global aluminium demnd to contract 5.4 per cent in 2020
Cửu Long city, provinces seek economic recovery after COVID-19 have 478 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.