The President made the remarks while joining a delegation of Ho Chi Minh City's National Assembly deputies to supervise pandemic prevention and control and socio-economic performance in the Southern metropolis in 2021.
HCM City's economic successes and sustainability depend on its recovery capacity and adaptability, he said.
He asked the city to concentrate on major tasks such as ensuring economic activities and the smooth circulation of goods, removing difficulties for enterprises and projects, quickly and effectively implementing credit packages and tax reductions, and attracting private and foreign investments while boosting public investment.
More attention should be paid to spiritual and mental health of people, especially vulnerable groups, he said, urging HCM City to mobilize all resources, together with the State, to roll out social welfare packages, and seek new momentum for its growth.
Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Nguyen Van Nen expressed his hope that the President and the city's N.A. deputies will give more heed to the building and implementation of strategies on economic recovery and social development in HCM City.
Vice Chairman of the city People's Committee Duong Anh Duc said HCM City will consider economic scenarios based on the latest pandemic situation, and keep a close watch on budget collection, striving to fulfill over 90 percent of the target set for this year.
- President Approves Major Disaster Declaration for CNMI
- Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh's remarks at General Debate of UNGA74
- Vietnam urges relevant parties in SCS to respect international law
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 8
- European Commission decides that CE Hunedoara has to repay EUR 60 mln in incompatible state aid
- Alberta MLAs go back to work Tuesday. Here’s what you might have missed this summer
- BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 10
- POLITICO Brussels Playbook, presented by Airbus: EU splits on LGBTIQ rights — Migration impasse — Parliament vs. Austria
- Use of BTK railway corridor by Black Sea countries contributes to trade growth
- How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power
- Infrastructure constraint discourages foreign investors in Vietnam
- 81 years on: It’s time for a secular Constitution
- Turkey to open factory in liberated Jojug Marjanli
- eGaming roundtable: Taking steps to raise standards
- California wildfire death toll rises to 50 as search for missing people continues
- The global turmoil Trump fueled is poised to haunt him
- Nigeria and Benin make a new break for the border
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by Lloyds Banking Group: #MeToo action — May relief — Bombs in America
- Raw materials ‘megatrends’ point to looming supply risks in Europe
- Why the climate change problem is starting to look too big to solve
Containing pandemic is a prerequisite for socio-economic recovery: President have 415 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.