Fashion designer Nguyen Cong Tri has been honoured as one of the three outstanding designers in US fashion by Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Chelsea Scott-Blackhall, Nguyen Cong Tri and Mai Atafo (from left to right). Photo: hollywoodreporter.com
Three designers that are favoured by Hollywood's red carpets are Singapore-based Chelsea Scott-Blackhaill, Vietnam-based Nguyen Cong Tri and Lagos-based Mai Atafo.
"Before launching his label in 2009, self-taught designer Nguyen Cong Tri already was a favourite of Vietnam's celebrities. His entrée stateside arrived when Rihanna and Katy Perry embraced his inventive silhouettes, dramatic draping and intricate cutouts, with Perry enlisting Nguyen to create costumes for her 2017 Witness tour," wrote Hollywood Reporter.
Tri debuted at New York Fashion Week in January 2019. A month later, Kate Bosworth wore a ripped-from-the-runway canary yellow and crystal-embellished gown to the Vanity Fair Oscar party, it said.
Over the past two years, Cong Tri's A-list moments have grown exponentially to include Beyoncé, styled by Zerina Akers, in gilded ruched velvet at the Lion King premiere and Charlize Theron, with Leslie Fremar, in an ornamented sheer blouse on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, according to Hollywoodreporter.com.
Actress Kelly Marie Tran wore Cong Tri's design twice during her Raya and Last Dragon promotion tour.
As many as 100 Hollywood actresses have selected his outfits including Katy Perry, Rebecca Ferguson, Jenifer Hudson and Camila Cabello./.
- As Abortion Vote Nears, Irish Fashion Designers Choose a Side
- The Biggest Trend in Fashion May Be Getting Rid of Your Fashion
- Why it matters that Rihanna and Katy Perry are fashion spectacles at the Met Gala
- A notorious mansion. An alleged assault by a Hollywood producer. A suicide. What happened to Brian Claflin?
- Why the Royal Wedding Was Very Fashionable
- Trying to Put a Value on the Doctor-Patient Relationship
- Harvey Weinstein timeline: Key moments in Hollywood scandal
- Local Milan: Australian designers take eclectic aesthetic to top furniture fair
- The rise of social media influencers
- Is Your Script Gender-Balanced? Try This Test
- 25-year-old’s startup is making fast fashion even faster
- Visa Stops Morgan Freeman Commercials After Sexual Harassment Report
- Holy haute couture: Divine designs grace red carpet at Met Gala
- 2 Tony Winners Try to Upend Rodgers and Hammerstein
- Despite flood concerns, Miami Beach approves historic designation for Tatum Waterway
- Kids’ Suicide-Related Hospital Visits Rise Sharply
- Miami Beach wants higher roads and pumps to fight sea rise. Some residents say no way.
- Unlikely Champion of Democracy Rises in a Region of Strongmen
- Levine is campaigning on climate change. But his sea-rise legacy is complicated.
- How Boston Is Trying to Close the Gender Pay Gap
Cong Tri was honoured as on-the-rise fashion designer by Hollywood Reporter magazine have 426 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.