From now to the end of this month, the North- Central and mid-Central regions are forecast to experience more extreme rains. Of which, the provinces from Nghe An to Quang Binh may be expected to brace for an intense rainfall of up to 450 mm.
According to a report at an online meeting of the National Steering Committee for Natural Disaster Prevention and Control yesterday, a tropical depression weakened into a low-pressure zone and churned through the mainland province of Khanh Hoa.
From October 23, the natural disaster has left five people dead and one missing.
Amidst the current complicated weather situation, the agency required the localities to strictly implement the Prime Minister's direction, keep a close watch on the risks for flooding and downpours in upcoming time, concentrate on overcoming post-flooding consequences and urgently searching missing, timely regulate water levels at reservoirs to ensure safety for downstream areas and projects under the construction, make weather-based production plan.
On the same day, amid the complicated flooding, prolonged downpours and a tropical depression in the south Central and the Central Highlands regions, the Ministry of Health asked its sub-divisions and relevant units to review plans, measures of Covid-19 fight and coping with stormy weather, prepare for resident evacuation from the landslide, flash flood and flooding-hit areas.
By staff writers- Translated by Huyen Huong
- Cold snap intensifies as almost 24 hour snow and ice warning issued nationwide
- Cold snap intensifies as 12 hour snow and ice warning issued nationwide
- US Midwest freezes in dangerously cold air
- Polar vortex freezes US with snow and dangerously cold air
- Parts of northern and central France on alert as more snow arrives
- Cold spell later this week, but is it a Beast from the East?
- North to experience cold spell on Sunday
- US Midwest Bracing for Snowmageddon as 'Brutal' Polar Vortex Cold Front Moves In
- LIVE: Disruption as snow hits North East
- Britain warned to brace itself for cold snap
- Driver escapes injury after tree falls on car in Belfast as Storm Erik batters Northern Ireland
- The Cold War? MSNBC’s Maddow Warns Russia Could Attack US During Polar Vortex
- Britain could be hit by new Beast from the East cold snap
- Storm Erik: First storm of 2019 set to batter the North East with 70mph gales
- Polar Vortex Blasts US Midwest, Northeast with Record-Breaking Cold
- Brexit: The Uncivil War viewers not convinced by Cumberbatch's northern accent
- Met Office issues weather warning for strong winds in the North East
- Snow to fall across UK for 'weeks' as worst cold snap of winter grips country
- UK weather forecast sees -10C Icelandic winds freeze Britain for a MONTH as warnings over ‘dangerous’ cold snap issued
- Where heavy snow is expected to fall as brutal cold snap grips UK 'for weeks'
Cold air intensifies to Northern, North - Central regions have 466 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at October 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.