Hongkong (VNA) – The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) on October 26 announced a scholarship programme exclusively for Vietnamese students.
The scholarships are open for students from five high schools for gifted students, comprising Quoc Hoc Hue (Thua Thien-Hue), Lam Son (Thanh Hoa), Le Hong Phong (Nam Dinh), Tran Phu (Hai Phong) and Nguyen Hue (Hanoi).
At an online meeting co-hosted by the Vietnamese Consulate General in Hong Kong and CUHK, Wong Suk Ying, Associate Vice-President and Director of Admissions and Financial Aid at CUHK, said during the 2022-2023 academic year, the university will grant 30 fully-funded scholarships worth about 98,000 USD to students from the Vietnamese schools.
Wong said she is impressed by the talent of Vietnamese students , adding this is the first time CUHK has provided such a big number of scholarships to a single country.
She expressed her hope that the programme will be maintained in the following school years.
Vietnamese Consul General in Hong Kong Pham Binh Dam thanked CUHK for the scholarships, and noted his hope that the selected students will make outstanding performance at the university.
CUHK moved up four places to 39th among 1,300 higher education institutions worldwide assessed in the Britain-based Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2022.
It is also among the top ten universities in Asia, which has set up cooperation with more than 330 research institutes and centres./.
- The exiles and the inmates: The heart-wrenching hand dealt to Hong Kong's democracy activists
- China is breaking Hong Kong treaty with UK, says Dominic Raab
- HCMC to not organize citywide camp on Vietnamese Students’ Day
- 'They are willing to sacrifice everything': Ai Weiwei pays tribute to the Hong Kong protesters
- China summons US ambassador Terry Edward Branstad to protest against Trump's moves in Hong Kong which Beijing has branded a 'gross interference' in its domestic affairs
- China tables draft Hong Kong security law in sign it intends to rush legislation
- Hong Kong DOJ ‘Appalled’ by Foreign Demand to Release Media Mogul Jimmy Lai
- Hong Kong hit by more violence as protests enter 10th week
- A new policy for Hong Kong
- How China pushed a new generation of disenfranchised youth to the very edge in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong to let residents choose between Covid-19 vaccines
- Top Hong Kong activist seeks asylum in the UK
- Hong Kong activist Joshua Wong detained in Thailand reportedly following request from China
- Apprehension as 21 Vietnamese students in South Korea test positive for coronavirus
- Why Hong Kong should ease travel measures for mainland students
- Hong Kong and Mainland Chinese Enterprises Sign Six MOUs for Investments in Peru
- Yearender: Describe 2020 in just one word -- Xinhua interviews 7 Hong Kong residents
- Yearender: Describe 2020 in just one word -- we asked 7 Hong Kong residents
- Cheng & Cheng Taxation Services reveals the important tips of setting up a charity in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Remains Most Expensive Office Fit-Out Market in Greater China
Chinese University of Hong Kong provides 30 scholarships for Vietnamese students have 475 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.