Sponsored by the British Council, the campaign targets people aged between 15 and 35 with interest in traditional art, with entries in forms of podcasts, videos, photos, and graphic designs submitted from October 1 to November 15.
Voting for these submissions opens from October 15 to December 7.
The results awarding entries in terms of materials, creativity, communications, and public voting will be announced on December 23, with the highest prize valued at 2.5 million VND (109.76 USD).
Cai luong is the convergence of southern Vietnamese folk songs, classical music, tuong (traditional opera) and modern spoken drama.
About 100 years ago, authors like Ho Bieu Chanh and Dang Thuc Lieng introduced Cai luong to the public. Chanh and his friend set up cai luong troupes that staged performances across Sai Gon (now Ho Chi Minh City) and Mekong Delta provinces. The birth of the art had enriched people's spiritual life, becoming the most popular art genre at that time, especially during the 1960s.
Between 1975 and 1990, Ho Chi Minh City was home to more than 20 Cai luong troupes that performed at 15 theatres, with each attracting thousands of audiences each night.
Cai luong was the first traditional Vietnamese art genre that had been introduced in Paris in the first half of the 20th century. During the wars against French and American forces, it served as a spiritual weapon, helping to encourage people to join revolutionary movements, particularly in southern provinces./.
- Hillary Clinton plays it safe during campaign kick-off in New York, catering to Democratic core
- Annual Lighten Up Brooklyn weight-loss campaign kicks off
- Love Island's Montana Brown shares eulogy to Mike Thalassitis
- James Worthy Played Bass And The Minutemen's Mike Watt Has The Story To Prove It
- Mike Gravel kicks off 'losing 2020 presidential campaign’ with ad, platform release
- BROOKLYN GETS SMALLER A borough-wide campaign for weight loss ends with some stunning successes
- Joe Paterno's story at Penn State never gets old
- In 30th year as P.R. man for Mets, Jay Horwitz shares Amazin' memories
- 9 Women Arrested After Staging Anti-Kavanaugh Protest at Joe Manchin's Campaign Office
- Barack Obama hits McCain, sets tone for campaign with historic speech
- It's Rocket gone Wilde! Roger Clemens shares link with famed Irish playwright
- An ad campaign that still loves NY
- Pro-immigration reform groups kick off 2010 reform campaign at Judson Memorial Church
- The Bizarre Scheme Using Viral Abuse Stories and Stolen Pics to Sell Diet Pills on Twitter
- Hillary’s strong start as Clinton’s White House kick-off scores high
- Miley Cyrus brings awareness to trans community through new campaign with Instagram #InstaPride
- Paid campaign ads during television newscasts vastly outnumber serious election stories: analysis
- In Trump's campaign of misogyny, women take back power
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse is upon us
- Sen. Heidi Heitkamp Apologizes For Outing Survivors of Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault in Campaign Ad
Cai luong story sharing campaign kicks off have 493 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.