Five projects across the East of England are to share £87m from the chancellor’s Levelling Up Fund.
Attractions at Southend-on-Sea, a new science lab for Peterborough and 300 homes with 2,000 sq m (21,528 sq ft) of community space in Luton will get cash.
The Clophill roundabout and a community wellbeing hub in Houghton Regis, Bedfordshire, will also benefit.
Anglia Ruskin University (ARU) said the science lab will “help us deliver a fantastic learning environment”.
Professor Ross Renton, Principal of ARU Peterborough, said: “Providing the city with a first-class university will help increase opportunities, improve social mobility and provide an economic boost to the local economy.”
The first phase of ARU Peterborough, which is already under construction, will be welcoming its first students in September 2022.
Meanwhile, Southend-on-Sea in Essex has been told it will receive £19.9m of levelling up cash to spend on its coastal attractions and infrastructure.
The community-run Racehorse pub in Westhall , Suffolk, will get funding from the chancellor’s Community Ownership Fund.
“It means that we can go ahead with the purchase of the pub without having to apply for a mortgage,” said Brenda Smith, chair of the group which runs the Racehorse.
It has been awarded £96,000 to “protect valued community assets”.
The chancellor’s autumn statement also includes £39m for a new mobility hub at the railway station in Norwich.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough will get a share of £70m of Zero Emission Bus Regional Area (ZEBRA) funding to ready 30 buses for use on five park and ride routes.
As well as these projects, the treasury said the region would benefit from a share of national programmes.
These include the Great Yarmouth Third Crossing, the A140 Long Stratton Bypass in Norfolk as well as the Lake Lothing Third Crossing in Suffolk, which will receive part of £2.6bn for local road upgrades during this Parliament.
The treasury’s £24bn spending for strategic road investments will include money for the A428 Black Cat to Caxton Gibbet and six A47 dualling and upgrade schemes.
- Union Budget 2021: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Refuses to Embark on Path of Fiscal Irresponsibility
- East Kellogg Projects In Wichita Reach Significant Milestones In 2020; New Video Highlights Accomplishment
- Budget 2021: The most important Budget for business in a generation
- Joe Root scores sixth Test century of 2021 as England finish 423-8 and cruise to 345 lead over India on day two
- Falcons depth chart 2021: Atlanta's projected starters for Week 1 with preseason concluded
- Panthers depth chart 2021: Carolina's projected starters for Week 1 with the preseason concluded
- Budget 2021: Furlough set to be extended - Kwasi Kwarteng
- Budget 2021: Funding for Tory-held towns 'looks fishy,' says Starmer
- Tasmanian Budget 2021-22 reveals plan for one-stop shop government portal
- Budget 2021: Five things to look out for from Rishi Sunak
- Patriots depth chart 2021: New England's projected Week 1 starters heading into regular season
- Eagles depth chart 2021: Philadelphia's projected opening 53-man roster entering regular season
- The tax reliefs that can make this a Budget India hasn't seen in a hundred years
- Violent storm sweeps across south east of England
- Sunil Subramaniam on what to add to portfolio post Budget
- This is a Budget with head and heart in the right place: Pawan Goenka
- Execution, execution, execution! That's the mantra for this Budget
- England vs India, 3rd Test: When And Where To Watch Live Streaming, Live Telecast | Cricket News
- With Bold Position on Fiscal Deficit, This is Not a One-off, Flash-in-the-Pan Budget
- India vs England: Learnt Wobble Seam Delivery From James Anderson, Says Ollie Robinson | Cricket News
Budget 2021: East of England projects get levelling up cash have 654 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at October 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.