Pretoria (VNA) – Botswana always considers Vietnam a close friend and wants to further develop its friendship and cooperation with the Southeast Asian nation, especially in agriculture, health care, tourism, mining, and information-technology, President Mokgweeti Eric Keabetswe Masisi said.
President Mokgweeti Masisi made the statement at a reception for Vietnamese Ambassador to South Africa and Botswana Hoang Van Loi after the latter presented his credentials on October 19.
Loi conveyed greetings and invitations of Vietnamese leaders to President Mokgweeti Masisi to visit Vietnam after the COVID-19 pandemic is put under control.
In reply, the President said he will arrange the visit at a convenient time.
The ambassador affirmed that Vietnam always wants to promote the friendship and cooperation with African friends, including Botswana.
Earlier the same day, Loi presented a copy of his credentials and paid a courtesy visit to Botswana Minister of International Affairs and Cooperation Lemogang Kwape who suggested the two countries increase the exchange of delegations at all levels, especially the high-level ones, and further provide mutual support at multilateral forums, firstly the United Nations.
Botswana and Vietnam should promote negotiations to soon reach cooperation documents necessary to their sustainable bilateral ties, he said, adding that to increase two-way trade, Botswana will consider opening doors for some Vietnamese goods like agricultural products, consumption goods, apparels and electronics.
He also suggested Vietnam increase imports of minerals that Botswana has large reserves and competitive prices.
On this occasion, Loi had working sessions with leaders of the Botswana Investment and Trade Centre and Business Botswana to seek specific measures to connect and assist businesses of the two countries in the time ahead./.
- Londoner's Diary: Jilly wouldn’t be bothered by the Presidents men
- China's Xi Jinping seeks to win support in Vietnam amid ongoing maritime dispute
- Botswana asks President Trump to clarify if it is a ‘s***hole’ following ‘racist’ rant about immigration from Haiti and El Salvador
- Worldwide condemnation of President Trump's 'shithole' slur
- Norwegians decline President Donald Trump's offer to move to US
- Major Airbus A320 and beef sales cap Macron's China visit
- Protesters burn 'Donald Trump dressed as Adolf Hitler' at the stake as riots continue over US President's visit
- Japan PM beefs up European ties amid N. Korea tensions
- Donald Trump protesters soaked with water canons as they riot over US President's visit
- Vietnam seeks to pacify China as landmark U.S. carrier visit signals warming ties
- South Korea: Trump reassures President Moon about North Korea fears
- New NFU president Minette Batters vows to tell farming’s ‘great story’
- National Farmers Union could be about to elect first female president
- French cow farmers fear ruin over 'massive' imports of South American beef
- US President Trump calls on Beijing to address North Korea crisis
- Security adviser fired by Donald Trump cuts talks with President signalling co-operation with head of Russia probe
- Opinion: Brexit makes cooperation in the North Sea Region more important than ever
- Brexit is an opportunity, says new president of the National Farmers’ Union
- Renew Commonwealth links now, says Birmingham Chamber president
- Donald Trump is a pitiful excuse for a US President who can’t be relied on to care about anything but himself
Botswana wants to beef up cooperation with Vietnam: President have 531 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.