Its people’s committee on Monday sent a proposal for a trial vaccine passport program to Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
It targets tourists from Northeast Asia, Russia, the U.S., and some European countries.
Visitors would need to furnish a certificate showing they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arrival or had recovered from Covid and a negative PCR test result done within 72 hours before departure, and would again be tested on arrival.
They can only come on package tours with designated travel agencies and should have medical and travel insurance.
The tourist destinations Binh Dinh plans to reopen to foreign tourists include Quy Nhon, Phuong Mai Peninsula, Nhon Chau island commune, and Cat Tien Town.
Binh Dinh, home to wide sandy beaches, received four million visitors in 2019, the year before Covid-19 broke out.
Binh Dinh also plans to welcome back domestic tourists from early November.
Over 679,000 people in the province, or 63.5 percent of its population aged 18 and above, have got at least one vaccine shot. Over 7.6 percent are fully vaccinated.
Kien Giang, Khanh Hoa, Quang Nam, Da Nang, and Quang Ninh, also popular tourist destinations, have already received approval to open their doors to foreign tourists in November as part of the country's roadmap to gradually resume international tourism.
Vietnam closed its borders and canceled all international flights in March last year.
- Africa: Ethiopia Begins Issuing Online Visas for Tourists Starting June 1
- Loophole exposed to get easier entry to World Cup in Russia
- Under current Indian government, religious minority communities feel increasingly vulnerable: US report
- Democrats: Trump violating ban on accepting foreign favors
- U.S. Seeks to Block Entry for China Mobile, Escalating Tensions
- Rwanda: MPs to Approve 2018/19 Budget Today
- Draft plan to allow foreigners to work in 11 ‘reserved’ occupations
- MP called out over water bottling approval
- Japan's government ready to bet the house on casinos
- Unfilled jobs have U.S. employers vying to hire foreign laborers
- Congressional Dems take Trump to court over foreign favors
- AT&T agrees on government-set conditions for Time Warner deal
- Uganda: Government to Pay Shs56b for Fake Land Titles
- United States approves sale of Apache attack choppers to India
- As party vote inches closer, Shinzo Abe seeks to turn page on scandal narrative
- As party vote inches closer, Abe seeks to turn page on scandal narrative
- East Africa: EAC Customs Officials Seek Advance Cargo Data
- Uganda: Semliki, the National Park That Attracts Mostly Ugandan Tourists
- DHS seeks more info from Guam, CNMI-bound tourists on visa waivers
- Angola: Partnership Agreement Relaunches Tourist Activity in Angola
Binh Dinh seeks government approval to allow entry for foreign tourists have 418 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.