Ben Tre (VNA) – Secretary of Ben Tre province's Party Committee Le Duc Tho asked localities and competent forces to strictly handle violations of fishing regulations at a meeting on fighting the illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing on October 14.
The Mekong Delta province has taken an array of measures, in line with the government’s resolve to have the Eu ropean Commission (EC)'s "yellow card" removed as early as possible.
Ben Tre has stepped up coordination with information and communion agencies to raise public awareness of relevant regulations.
Competent agencies and local authorities have kept a close watch on the registration of vessels, the installation of monitoring devices and the operation of local fishing boats at sea, especially large boats going deep sea fishing, and strictly handled violations.
For boats that register in Ben Tre but operate in other localities, Tho required coordination with those localities in supervision work.
He also urged the coastal guard force to boost inspections to prevent any boats not meeting regulations from going to sea, and quickly detect and punish boats violating foreign waters, fishing illegally, and or involving in the organisation of illegal exit from and entry into Vietnam.
According to the provincial People's Committee, up to 98.8 percent of fishing boats meeting requirements in Ben Tre have installed monitoring devices.
Since the beginning of this year, competent forces have found seven fishing boats violating foreign waters. Four of them were fined a total 3.2 billion VND (140,600 USD), while papers for punishment for the three others are being completed. /.
- Why Vietnamese students end up working illegally in South Korea
- WATCH: Rick Wilson Threatens To ‘Gut’ Trump Defender ‘Like A Fish’ On Live TV
- Republican debate: Candidates clash on policy, records
- The List: 26 GOP Senators, 97 House Republicans Ask for More Foreign Workers to Fill U.S. Jobs
- SF Public Works Director Mohammed Nuru charged with fraud by feds
- When Phil Jagielka went in goal: Sheffield Utd's win over Arsenal in 2006
- Margot Robbie, Zac Efron,
- Sundance 2019: Alfre Woodard, Alec Baldwin + Making Of ‘Alien’, Satanists & Roy Cohn Docus Among U.S., World Cinema, NEXT, Midnight & Kids Slates
- Nigel Farage criticised over photo with protected shark
- Tunisia’s unemployed revolutionaries head to Europe
- EXCLUSIVE: Columbia University Found Him Guilty. But He’s Got Voice Recordings, And He’s Not Afraid
- Two British men are charged with immigration offences after boat carrying 18 Albanians - including two CHILDREN - was rescued off Kent coast
- Le migliori action camera 2020: 10 videocamere per la generazione GoPro
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES FEB. 1
- The Sugarcubes: The Coolest Band in the World
- Super Bowl 2020: All 53 Super Bowls ranked, including where last year's Patriots win sits in NFL history
- Leicester, Chelsea draw in thriller
- Donald Trump says he 'has a plan' to contain China's killer virus after it spread to US: Man in his 30s is hospitalized as death toll from SARS-like coronavirus hits nine and health chiefs poise to declare global emergency
- 'Muslim family ONLY': Landlord is accused of racism for putting out a Gumtree advert for a two-bedroom flat - but only accepting Islamic tenants
- DEFECTIVE SECURITY SYSTEM: We failed to do strategic review for 60 years —Ishola Williams, ex-Defence chief
Ben Tre tightens handling of illegal fishing have 519 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 15, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.