|The commemoration welcomed the finalisation of key documents that set ASEAN’s strategic actions in disaster management in the next five years(Photo: asean.org)|
Jakarta – The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and its partners have reaffirmed commitments to raise the ASEAN people's awareness about the importance of disaster risk reduction during the commemoration of ASEAN Day for Disaster Management (ADDM) 2021.
The ADDM is convened annually and jointly with the International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction (IDDRR) on 13 October. This year's commemoration took place on October 14 via video conference, hosted by Singapore as the current Chair of the ASEAN Ministerial Meeting on Disaster Management (AMMDM).
Under the theme "Strengthening Partnership and Innovation for Disaster Management in ASEAN", ADDM 2021 was commemorated on the sidelines of the 9th AMMDM, which was held on the same day. It was attended by ASEAN Ministers in-charge of disaster management or their representatives, ACDM members, other ASEAN Sectoral bodies and partners.
In his remarks, the AMMDM Chair, Associate Professor Dr. Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim, noted that "the commemoration demonstrates ASEAN's commitment and efforts towards disaster reduction and management. This leads to an important end goal – to alleviate the hardship and suffering of peoples of ASEAN, who live in one of the most disaster-prone regions in the world."
In his closing remarks, ASEAN Secretary-General Dato Lim Jock Hoi highlighted the importance of innovation and partnership in disaster management in the years ahead, as well as ASEAN's commitments towards realising a disaster-resilient region.
The commemoration witnessed the progress made through partnership and innovation, including the start of the ASEAN Agreement on Disaster Management and Emergency Response (AADMER) Work Programme 2021-2025.
It welcomed the finalisation of key documents that set strategic actions in disaster management in the next five years, including the launch of the ASEAN Regional Plan of Action on Adaptation to Drought 2021-2025; the ASEAN Framework on Protection, Gender and Inclusion 2021-2025; the ASEAN-UN Joint Strategic Plan of Action in Disaster Management (JSPADM) IV 2021-2025; the ASEAN Disaster Resilience Outlook; among others.
- UNDP will strengthen partnership with China to achieve SDGs
- Vietnam applauds positive progresses in ASEAN Community building
- ASEAN backs India's rising role in Indo-Pacific region
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc attends opening ceremony of 35th ASEAN Summit
- India to set up separate ASEAN Mission; FTA by year-end: PM
- PM calls for upholding international law in East Sea at ASEAN-China Summit
- MERCY Malaysia founder wins ASEAN Prize
- KPMG and LIN reach three-year CSR partnership
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc concludes activities at 35th ASEAN Summit
- India, Japan to establish strategic partnership
- Vietnamese PM addresses 22nd ASEAN-Japan Summit
- Vietnamese PM attends ASEAN+3 Summit in Bangkok
- Xinhua Headlines: China, ASEAN committed to advancing trade amid rising protectionism
- PM attends 22nd ASEAN-China Summit
- Vietnam vows to work for expanded ties between ASEAN and partners
- ASEAN Reaffirms Russia’s Strategic Partner Role at Lavrov’s Meeting With Top Diplomats
- ASEAN Next 2018 focusing on science and innovation partnerships
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc attends 22nd ASEAN-China Summit
- Vietnam makes active contributions to 32nd ASEAN Summit: Deputy FM
- Leaders highlight progress in ASEAN-India strategic partnership
ASEAN strengthens partnership, innovation for disaster management have 504 words, post on vir.com.vn at October 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.