Hanoi (VNA) – Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong called on relevant parties to soon ratify the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership ( RCEP ) to contribute to the region's post-pandemic economic recovery while addressing the 38th ASEAN Summit on October 26.
Given the difficult times caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Singaporean PM noted the need to work even harder on economic integration, and ratify the RCEP.
According to him, the agreement will boost confidence in regional trade and investment and contribute significantly to the region's post-pandemic economic recovery.
“I look forward to the swift ratification of the RCEP by all ASEAN Member States and partners, for the agreement to enter into force by January 2022 as planned."
ASEAN countries must also progressively re-open its economies and resume safe travel as they bring COVID-19 under control, Lee noted. This, he said, is an important aspect of living with COVID-19.
With the COVID-19 pandemic remaining a key challenge after two years, ASEAN nations must work together to improve access to vaccines, added Lee.
"As co-chair of the Friends of the COVID19 Vaccine Global Access (COVAX) Facility, Singapore is strongly committed to vaccine multilateralism and fair and equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines for all countries," he affirmed.
Meanwhile, Malaysian PM Ismail Sabri Yaakob said on his Twitter that Malaysia remains strongly committed to ratifying the RCEP by the end of this year as it will help accelerate regional recovery as well as resilience./.
- Documents of 37th ASEAN Summit to facilitate cooperation, economic recovery
- COVID-19, economic recovery and climate change top priorities for Biden, Harris
- Singaporean PM calls for stronger economic ties between ASEAN, key partners
- Leaders stress need for post-pandemic economic recovery at ASEAN+1 summits
- China eyes further solidarity in anti-epidemic fight, economic recovery with regional countries
- Australian PM affirms ASEAN’s central role in regional recovery
- Summit will lead ASEAN through challenging times: Singaporean expert
- India and ASEAN to expand trade despite RCEP walkout
- 37th ASEAN Summit, related meetings on horizon
- RoK official praises Vietnam’s role in ASEAN
- ASEAN and RoK relations to be further elevated with upcoming summit
- Thailand proposes areas of ASEAN’s cooperation with external partners
- ASEAN Summit to take place November 12-15 in Hà Nội
- PM Modi, Nguyen Xuan Phuc co-chairs 17th ASEAN-India Summit
- PM Modi to co-chair virtual India-ASEAN summit tomorrow
- 23rd ASEAN-Japan Summit held online
- Four years since demonetisation, what PM Modi said on the move
- RCEP hoped to sign by year-end: Singaporean diplomat
- Spotlight: Leaders of ASEAN countries, dialogue partners to meet online with RCEP signing in sight, post-pandemic recovery in focus
- Interview: ASEAN+3 leaders' meeting to offer guidance for cooperation in pandemic era: TCS deputy chief
ASEAN should ratify RCEP soon to boost economic recovery: Singaporean PM have 447 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.