Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Pham Binh Minh told an ASEAN business summit that companies must be both proactive and creative to adapt to the 'new normal'.
He said member states should not rely on their own governments, but instead bloc-wide joint efforts are needed to ensure economic recovery.
The Deputy PM was speaking at the virtual ASEAN Business and Investment Summit 2021 (ASEAN BIS) held on Monday.
He reaffirmed the importance of the Consolidated Strategy on the Fourth Industrial Revolution for ASEAN and the acceleration of the Strategic and Holistic Initiative to Link ASEAN Responses to Emergencies and Disasters (ASEAN SHIELD), proposed by Brunei, this year's Chair of the bloc.
Minh said Viet Nam would be ready to cooperate in enhancing the digital infrastructure connectivity, ensuring a digital ecosystem for all parties towards uniform and sustainable digital development in the region, and accompanying enterprises of ASEAN and partner countries to create the best possible conditions in terms of policies and the business environment so that they can optimise and maximise business and investment chances in Viet Nam and regional countries.
The Vietnamese Government would strive to help enterprises conduct digital transformation, boost digital universalisation, and create conditions for promoting investment in high technology towards green growth, he added.
The Deputy PM expressed his hope that the business community would continue to work together with ASEAN governments to defeat the pandemic and support economic recovery.
He stressed the need for ASEAN to show dynamism, proactiveness, and creativity to adapt to the new normal, create jobs, ensure a stable life for people, and produce new values for society.
The ASEAN BIS is held annually by the ASEAN Business Advisory Council in conjunction with the bloc's summits. It provides an occasion for the public and private sectors, and representatives of governments and industries in and outside ASEAN to meet one another. It is also a platform for connecting and promoting initiatives on ASEAN economic cooperation and integration. — VNS
- Vietnam welcomes ASEAN chair status
- Sports Football inspires patriotism, national pride: Vietnam PM Vietnamese woman to join global community of creative teachers
- Sports Jersey, ball signed by Vietnam’s ASEAN Cup winning squad to be put up for auction The small things in Vietnam
- Sports Jersey, ball signed by Vietnam’s ASEAN Cup winning squad to be put up for auction Simplicity of life in Vietnam
- Sports Jersey, ball signed by Vietnam’s ASEAN Cup winning squad to be put up for auction Life after leprosy in Vietnam
- 4 Ways to Make Your Employees More Creative
- Colleges ramping up efforts to spin off companies after neglect
- Proton to work with Geely to expand in China, could produce cars based on design of Geely models – PM
- USWNT vs. Brazil score, takeaways: USA fails to win SheBelieves Cup but beats Marta and company
- Perodua launches S-Series Viva, Myvi and Alza – all Peroduas now come with 3 years free service
- Perodua Global Manufacturing plant officially opened – RM1.3bil EEV factory based on Daihatsu Kyushu
- Perodua working on Viva replacement model – A-segment, low cost, low fuel consumption
- Thailand’s EV production hub push gets serious – roadmap and incentives to be out this month
- Silicon Valley Turkey Trot organizers watching air quality
- GE13 poll day is over – what about our cheap cars?
- Out-Tennessee Tennessee? How Kentucky’s over-dogs ‘outdid’ overachieving Vols.
- Charlotte Hornets to Hernangomez: ‘They want me to be Billy’ (only a better version)
- The Charlotte Hornets trailed by 47 on Wednesday. At home! That begs many questions
- Mazda Malaysia Sdn Bhd established, a JV between Bermaz and Mazda Motor Corp – CKD CX-5 in 2013
- Nissan opens R&D test track facility in Bangkok
ASEAN companies must show creativity: Deputy PM have 615 words, post on bizhub.vn at October 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.