The Council took note that ASEAN economy is currently on the path of recovery. However, as ASEAN is catching up on vaccination for its population, other looming challenges are threatening the region's economic recovery. The Council therefore called for the implementation of key initiatives notably those outlined in the ASEAN Comprehensive Recovery Framework to be expedited to maintain the recovery momentum going forward.
The Council commended the significant progress towards the completion of Brunei Darussalam's Chairmanship 2021 Priority Economic Deliverables under the three strategic thrusts: Recovery, Digitalization, and Sustainability, and was encouraged by the progress and key achievements in the implementation of AEC Blueprint 2025 across the five characteristics.
The Council exchanged views on the challenges faced by AEC Sectorial Bodies and the proposed recommendations in addressing them. On that note, the Council emphasized the importance of effective implementation of the Mid-Term Review (MTR) of the AEC Blueprint 2025 recommendations, particularly the key cross-sectorial ones that address both operational and strategic issues.
The Council also took note of the progress in the development of the ASEAN Community's Post-2025 Vision and discussed the global mega trends and emerging issues that will shape the future direction of ASEAN Integration agenda.
Further, the Council endorsed the Framework for Circular Economy for the ASEAN Economic Community, the Bandar Seri Begawan Road-map (BSBR) – An ASEAN Digital Transformation Agenda to Accelerate ASEAN's Economic Recovery and Digital Economy Integration and the ASEAN Collaboration Framework Towards Strengthening Evidence-Based MSME Policies.
- Japan to accelerate economic recovery, rebuild external policies
- Digital economy for an inclusive ASEAN Community
- Thailand prioritises promoting digital economy-society in ASEAN
- Digital economy boosts Vietnam’s economic growth
- Google, Facebook executives meet Vietnam PM, offer to help digitize economy
- WEF willing to back Vietnam’s digital economy: WEF President
- Vietnam wants to speed up digital economy development: Deputy PM
- Policy key to boosting Vietnam’s digital economy: experts
- WEF ASEAN 2018: Deputy PM talks with business leaders on digital economy
- Orientations taken to accelerate economic restructuring
- Challenges from digital economy for ASEAN Economic Community - Trade - Service - Economy
- Vietnam urged to maximize benefits from digital economy
- Challenges from digital economy for ASEAN Economic Community
- Vietnam boasts great digital economy potential
- Digital economy is the future for Việt Nam
- Digitalized economy helps promote global competitiveness: expert
- “Accelerating economic institutional reform, strengthening resilience and enhancing the competitiveness of Vietnam’s economy”
- Local firms benefit little from economic recovery
- ASEAN 3 ministers to discuss economic recovery efforts
- Gov’t commits to gradual economic recovery
ASEAN accelerates economic recovery, digital economy transformation have 409 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 23, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.