HÀ NỘI — The Ministry of Health announced 3,168 new COVID-19 cases on Monday, bringing the country’s tally to 867,221.
A further 75 deaths were also announced, mostly in southern provinces (51 in HCM City and 14 in Bình Dương Province). The national death count is now 21,269, about 2.5 per cent of the total confirmed cases.
Five southern localities saw three-digit numbers of new cases today; HCM City (968 cases), Bình Dương (439), Đồng Nai (393), Sóc Trăng (174), and An Giang (109), followed by four more Mekong Delta provinces; Kiên Giang (99), Tiền Giang (94), Cà Mau (77), Long An (68) and Đồng Tháp (61), showing that the southern regions continue to be the country’s biggest hot spot.
The breakdown in daily new cases in the rest of the country is as follows; Phú Thọ (58), Bạc Liêu (48), Đắk Lắk (46), Quảng Nam (45), Thanh Hóa (42), Gia Lai (40), Trà Vinh (33), Khánh Hòa (31), Hậu Giang (28), Bình Thuận (28), Cần Thơ (27), Nghệ An (25), Nam Định (22), Kon Tum (20), Hà Nam (20), Quảng Ngãi (19), Tây Ninh (18), Bình Định (15), Quảng Bình (15), Vĩnh Long (14), Thừa Thiên Huế (12), Bến Tre (9), Bình Phước (9), Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu (8 ), Quảng Trị (8 ), Phú Yên (6), Ninh Thuận (6), Tuyên Quang (6), Hà Nội (6), Đắk Nông (4), Bắc Ninh (4), Thái Bình (3), Ninh Bình (1), and Hà Giang (1). Nine cases were imported.
Việt Nam’s seven-day average of daily new cases stands at 3,260, down by nearly 1,000 from the average of 4,183 noted a week before.
In the past 24 hours, 107,224 pooled COVID-19 tests were performed on 202,147 people. The number of tests during the fourth wave of infections (starting from April 27) has reached 20,938,514, with 57,727,568 people tested.
The Health Ministry also announced the recovery of 1,136 patients on Monday, bringing the total to 792,980.
Of the current patients hospitalised, 3,543 are in a serious condition, 534 require invasive ventilation and 21 are on life support (ECMO).
Việt Nam to date has received 92.5 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines of various types. A total of 63.4 million doses have been administered (1.31 million doses on October 17), with 18.1 million people now fully vaccinated. — VNS
- Evans Landscaping trial: Prosecution expected to rest case Monday
- Lorain Community College, Lakeland Community College humanities students have new path to Case Western Reserve University degree
- ‘The docket is swollen’: New Orleans immigration cases pile up as shutdown continues
- US appeals court hears New Orleans abortion case
- Most New European HIV Cases Last Year Arose In Ukraine, Russia
- 2 new rat lungworm cases found on Big Island
- DOH confirms new rat lungworm case in East Hawaii infant
- Todd McNair granted new trial in case against NCAA
- Heavy snowfall expected in New Mexico late Sunday, Monday
- The Wheel Deal: New Manderbach facility opens Monday
- NJ legal weed: Lawmakers unveil new legalization bills for Monday vote
- New notification process starts Monday for Iowa jurors
- Chat with new Hastings mayor at Monday event
- Wildlife Department to debut new online licensing system Monday
- Ex-USC assistant coach Todd McNair granted new trial in case against NCAA
- Double shooting reported overnight in New Orleans, police say
- New Orleans pastor convicted of cheating Hurricane Katrina victim out of Road Home money
- Don Cheadle Is Back in the World of Money and ’80s Fashion on Showtime's ‘Black Monday’
- Polio-like illness confirmed in 6 New Yorkers
- Why Deep Blue New York Is ‘Voter Suppression Land’
Another 3,168 new COVID-19 cases on Monday have 569 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.