While presenting a letter of credentials to President of Moldova Igor Dodon in Chisinau capital city on May 18, Tuan congratulated Moldova on its achievements since economic reform in 2015 and receiving observer status at the Eurasian Economic Union.
The ambassador expressed his wish that the President and ministries and agencies of Moldova will assist Vietnamese nationals and students in the European country to serve as a bridge between the two nations.
The guest hoped that the President and Government of Moldova will create favourable conditions for him to fulfil assigned tasks.
Dodon, for his part, said Moldova always treasures ties with Vietnam – a promising partner in the Asia-Pacific region.
Highlighting the important role of bilateral economic, health care and education, he said Moldova has welcomed many Vietnamese students to Chisinau and hoped that both countries will further strengthen education collaboration in the near future.
The host committed all possible support to the ambassador to fulfill assigned tasks and contribute to bilateral ties.
Both sides vowed to fully tap potentials of cooperation in diplomacy, politics and economy, at international organisations, the United Nations and multilateral forums.
They expressed their interest in strengthening bilateral legal framework, stepping up political dialogue and consular consultation, agreed to facilitate the exchange of high-level visits to diversify joint work in fields of shared concern.
Earlier on May 17, Tuan met and presented a copy of credentials letter to Secretary of State for Bilateral and Multilateral Affairs Tatiana Molcean
The host hoped that the two countries will enter a new period in their ties as well as promote initiatives to reinforce bilateral and multilateral ties.
In the afternoon of the same day, the ambassador held a working session with Director of the Department of Asian-Pacific Affairs Emil Jacota to discuss measures to boost bilateral links across economy, trade, education and national defence.
On the occasion, he also met Vietnamese nationals and students in the country.-VNA
- Vietnam, US state bolster cooperation for economic recovery
- Vietnam, US look to boost comprehensive partnership
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 12
- Vietnam, US look forward to 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 9
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 10
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 14
- Top leader hosts new foreign ambassadors
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 15
- VN-US relations have 'moved from animosity to normalcy': ambassador
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 13
- Vietnam-Mexico friendship, cooperation thriving
- Vietnam proposes solutions to Japan for export of lychee
- Terminally-ill mother wishes to continue taking care of her daughter
- Vietnam Golf Coast to bring images of golfing in Vietnam to the world
- Vietnam’s outstanding academic performance at odds with its innovation
- The sharp dip in US-China ties
- Vietnam wants to strengthen ties with Japan, Oman, Turkey
- 20 years of Vietnam-U.S. diplomatic ties – P3: Hostility from Washington
- Trump thanks Vietnam for medical supplies and gifts
Ambassador wishes for growing Vietnam – Moldova ties have 527 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at May 20, 2018. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.