According to Phan Quoc Anh, deputy director of the Vietnam Railways Corporation, tickets for the SE7/8 train services on the Hanoi-HCM City route have mostly sold out despite only going on sale at 8 am on Monday. The firm has had to arrange train services SE5/6 to meet demand.
Many people have wanted to buy tickets for October 14-20.
"Passengers have to ensure a safe distance on trains, so only around 300 tickets are allowed to be sold. However, travel demand is quite high so we've decided to add the SE5/6 services on the Hanoi-HCM City route," Quoc Anh said.
Railway companies have been told to co-operate with localities where trains call to ensure Covid-19 prevention regulations.
In Ho Chi Minh City, up to 240 tickets for the SE7/S8 train services scheduled to depart Saigon Station for Hanoi on Wednesday and on Friday were sold within just an hour on Tuesday morning. The tickets were bought at stations and online.
Pham Thi Anh Dao, head of Hanoi Railway Station said that many passengers had come to Hanoi Station to buy tickets, mostly to central and southern localities such as Nha Trang and HCM City.
Hanoi Station has arranged quarantine rooms for passengers and staff with Covid-19-like symptoms. The station has also prepared an area for quick Covid-19 testing.
The same situation has also been reported for airfares. Tickets for flights from Hanoi to HCM City on October 11-13 were sold out quickly despite quite high prices.
The occupancy rate of Vietnam Airlines flights has reached around 90%.
Dinh Viet Thang, head of the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV), said only a small number of flights have been resumed. Social distancing and low availability have pushed fares higher.
CAAV also suggested lifting the distancing regulations on flights to help passengers to enjoy cheaper tickets as they have to pay for their Covid-19 test.
- Monty Python reunion tickets sell out in seconds
- Rail companies to sell cheaper advanced tickets up to 10 minutes before journeys
- Rail fares may get cheaper as govt mulls removal of merchant discount rates on e-tickets
- How to buy tickets for Star Wars: Episode IX — The Rise of Skywalker today
- Alliance Air’s Chennai-Jaffna flight service to begin on November 11
- Why many Indians won't be able to afford air travel
- Commuters with flexible working hours shun rail season tickets, new figures reveal
- Commuters deserve a better rail service
- Lion Air crash plane was brand new, but had 'technical issue' on flight prior to disaster
- Tata Group Not Ruling Out Bid for Air India, Chairman N Chandrasekaran Indicates
- Lady in the Mask faces her demons on the Paddington Express: Twenty years after Pam Warren became the symbol of the rail disaster that killed 31, she's back on the same commute - despite flashbacks and panic attacks
- GST Council mandates e-ticketing for cinemas, industry players say no impact on business
- Thameslink rail passengers suffer 'major disruption' after Bedfordshire signalling fault
- Rail passengers can now check online how meal is cooked & packed
- Airline employee faces prison for upgrading tickets worth Rs 5.5 crore for friends and family
- Rich tennis fans vie for five-year, £100,000 Centre Court tickets
- Bengaluru: Huge spike in bus, air fares for long weekend
- Phasing out diesel and petrol cars is a woefully tiny step towards cleaner air
- Delhi: Air a tad better, but odd-even to kick in
- Google suspends ticket website Viagogo from paid-for global search results
Air and rail tickets sell well after services resume have 574 words, post on dtinews.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.