ADB is also willing to coordinate with HCMC in the disbursement of capital for joint projects and provision of credit to help recover local businesses affected by Covid-19 through intermediate financial institutions or guaranteed bank loans, he said.
Jeffries expressed his belief that HCMC will soon overcome adverse impacts of the pandemic, and spoke highly of the economic development capacity of HCMC and Vietnam as well in the medium and long terms.
The next six months will be an important period when businesses, especially small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and investors should receive support to surpass difficulties caused by Covid-19, he said.
For his part, Mai applauded the bank's support to Vietnam in economic recovery and safe adaptation to the pandemic, highlighting the ADB-funded Covid-19 financial relief worth US$5 million to support women-led SMEs, among others.
According to the official, the city has identified a phased economic recovery roadmap and drawn up 11 strategies to safely, flexibly adapt to and effectively control the Covid-19 pandemic.
HCMC wants to receive ADB's recommendations for its economic recovery strategies, he added.
The two sides agreed to improve the efficiency of cooperation in ongoing projects, and discuss new ones associated with economic recovery plans of HCMC and Vietnam.
- Economic Recovery Starts With Good Jobs
- Statement by International Monetary Fund Deputy Managing Director Tao Zhang on Angola
- Kyle Bass predicts investors are getting ready to pour billions back into Greek economy
- ‘We’re Not Gonna Take It!’: Can Trump Country Withstand the Grassroots Teachers Movement Sweeping the Nation?
- After fires, California encourages Wine Country visits
- 'There is hope.' Peer recovery coaches use experience to help others overcome addiction.
- Director Melendez’s Opening Remarks to the 2018 Long-Term Stewardship Conference
- If world is drifting apart, it isn't happening in economic growth: James Saft
- Venezuelans nervously await dramatic economic reforms
- Wiles: Economic momentum, tax changes highlight 2018 financial forecasts
- Turkey’s Economic Woes Fuel Fears of Contagion in Markets
- Turkey Currency Crisis 2018: How Long Can Erdogan Maintain Grip on Power Amid Economic Meltdown?
- Venezuelans brace for Maduro’s economic reforms
- Exports Councils are Key Drivers for South African Economic Transformation
- With State Budgets Withering, Get Ready for the ‘Womancession’
- China's using cheap debt to 'bend other countries to its will,' academic says
- Herr Kohl’s New Economic Order
- First Nations Publishes Two New Reports in Support of Native American Food Sovereignty and Food-Systems Efforts
- Demanding Economic and Educational Reform in Chile
- Japanese PM Abe's support slides again before parliament appearance
ADB ready to support HCMC in economic recovery: Country Director have 457 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at October 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.