The Border Guard Command of Kien Giang Province in southern Vietnam announced on Wednesday that officers at the Hon Chong Port border guard station in Kien Luong District had managed to rescue seven fishermen who had been stranded at sea.
All seven of the fishermen tested negative for COVID-19 and are currently having their health monitored at home.
The fishermen were working on fishing boat KG-62305.TS when it was sunk by strong waves off the coast of Kien Luong District at around 6:00 pm on Tuesday.
Upon receiving reports of the case, officers at the Hon Chong Port border guard station coordinated with related units and mobilized three other fishing boats to carry out a rescue mission.
Strong currents challenged the search, and by the time rescuers arrived at the last known location of the vessel at 7:00 pm that evening, it had completely sunk while all seven of the fishermen had drifted away.
After expanding their search overnight to a radius of two nautical miles (3.7 kilometers) from the sunken ship, rescuers managed to find all seven of the stranded fishermen.
They safely took the last fisherman ashore at around 6:00 am on Wednesday.
- Southern border province goes all out to help businesses resume operations
- Heavy rains submerge southern central localities
- Vietnamese cow breeding company fined $55,000 for causing pollution
- ‘Racist fishermen’ blocked lifeboat crews from helping people crossing Channel
- Vietnam, RoK conduct consultation on ASEAN-RoK relationship coordination
- Bac Giang city strives to become green urban area
- Storm Arwen: Terrifying video captures moment RNLI lifeboat battles 20ft waves
- Sharing difficulties and responsibilities to overcome the pandemic
- Hung Nhon Group and De Heus team up to build high-tech agricultural complex in Kon Tum
- Why the Agtech Industry Will Aid Vietnam’s Hi-Tech Growth
- Flooding scenes repeat in central, Central Highlands regions
- FTAs momentum for Viet Nam's exports
- Weather snow forecast UK – Extreme weather could force I’m A Celeb off air AGAIN as gales & Arctic blast hits Wales
- Evacuations urged in Queensland town of Inglewood with dam overflowing and more rain on the way
- Running from the Taliban's revenge attacks
- Greening agriculture - opportunity for Vietnam’s growth
- A Lovely Bunch of Coconuts: How One Company Ethically and Sustainably Harvests its Tropical Crop
- As Panic Spreads Over New Covid-19 Variant, A Look at All Countries That Have Detected Omicron Cases
- Residents detail horrors of Tennessee flooding that left 18 dead, 3 missing
- Việt Nam's aviation authority agrees to halt flights from African countries over Omicron
7 fishermen rescued off southern Vietnamese province have 408 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.