HÀ NỘI — 560,000 doses of COVID-19 AstraZeneca vaccines shared by three European countries to Việt Nam have arrived in Hà Nội today.
The flight, conducted by the national carrier Vietnam Airlines with its Airbus A350 craft, departed from Hungary's capital city of Budapest late Wednesday (local time) and landed at Nội Bài International Airport Thursday afternoon.
The vaccine batch comprises of 100,000 doses donated by the Government of Slovakia, 60,000 doses gifted by the Government of Croatia, and 400,000 doses that the Government of Hungary has agreed to transfer to Việt Nam under a non-profit mechanism.
The decisions by these governments to share their vaccine supplies with Việt Nam showcases friendship and spirit of mutual assistance during hardship, and solidarity to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic.
The flight also brings to Việt Nam 12.5 tonnes of medical supplies worth US$380,000, including 2 million syringes, 19,000 antigen rapid test kits, 300,000 N95 masks, and 25,000 medical-grade masks donated by the Vietnamese community in Hungary to aid the country’s pandemic response.
In the past weeks, the Vietnamese Embassy in Hungary, the Trade Office of Việt Nam in Hungary, and the Vietnamese Embassy in Slovakia have closely coordinated with domestic agencies, as well as diplomatic, health, and logistics businesses of Hungary, Croatia and Slovakia to negotiate, appraise quality, complete receipt and import documents along with transport and customs procedures for the cargo.
Vaccines and medical supplies need strict storage requirements, so the whole process of reception and transport has been carried out urgently in line with the requirements so that the quality is not compromised when they arrive in Việt Nam. — VNS
- Mekong countries issue Ha Noi Declaration
- Vietnam’s tourism promoted in European countries
- Hilton Ha Noi nominated
- Visitors to Ha Noi and HCM increase in 6 months
- Additional 1 million vaccine doses imported to control foot-and-mouth disease
- Belgian royalty arrives in Ha Noi
- European giants Arsenal set for Ha Noi friendly
- Wistful recallings of Ha Noi, 30 years ago
- Emirates commences Ha Noi-Dubai daily flights
- 20.1 percent surge reported in West European tourist arrivals
- Ha Noi inhabitants busy readying for Tet holiday
- Tokyo City promotes tourism in Ha Noi
- Emirates launches flight to Yangon, Ha Noi
- Walking space must be a cultural destination: Ha Noi leader
- FVH planning excursion out of Ha Noi
- Ha Noi to host Europe Days celebrations again
- Uni games to arrive in Ha Noi
- ANA to launch direct Ha Noi-Tokyo flights
- VietJet Air launches Ha Noi - Bangkok air route
- Official: Vietnam to scrap visas for five European countries in July
560,000 vaccine doses shared by European countries arrive in Hà Nội have 433 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.