The event took place virtually with a focus on the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic and promoting economic recovery.
Vietnamese Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh attended the conference.
With the theme “We care, we prepare, we prosper,” the ASEAN meetings are expected to discuss a number of issues including further strengthening the capacity of the ASEAN Community towards post-COVID-19 economic recovery, enhancing ASEAN’s readiness to tackle common challenges, seizing new opportunities to pursue shared prosperity; while maintaining cooperation to achieve the long-term goals of the region.
The 38th and 39th ASEAN Summits and related meetings will last until October 28.
Along with ASEAN leader, the meetings see the participation of leaders of ASEAN dialogue partners, including China, Japan, China, Japan, the Republic of Korea, India, the United States, Australia, Russia, and representatives of other countries.
- (LEAD) S. Korean president embarks on trip to three ASEAN countries | Yonhap News Agency
- Trump-Kim summit: What might Kim learn from hosts Vietnam?
- S. Korean president vows increased cooperation with Cambodia | Yonhap News Agency
- Fact check: Trump makes misleading claims at Iowa rally
- Fact check: Trump vs. Comey on what happened in their private meetings
- President Trump's responses to Russia investigation draw scrutiny. Here's a timeline
- Trump seeks to ban transgender people from serving in U.S. military 'in any capacity'
- Fact check: Trump on the ACA and the uninsured
- 'Alternative facts' to 'witch hunt': A glossary of Trump terms
- Fact check: Trump’s hollow claim about ‘inner cities’
- Fact-checking Trump’s CPAC speech
- Fact check: President Trump's press conference falsehoods
- Fact check: Trump exaggerates Swedish crime
- Fact check: Trump’s power to pardon
- Fact check: Trump’s immigration policy vs. Obama's
- After bitter feud, Kasich and Trump try to mend fences
- Report: Trump uses crude term while attacking protections for immigrants
- Fact check: Trump's gross exaggeration on MS-13 gang
- Fact check: President Trump’s misleading blame on opioids
- Fact check: In speech on changing tax code, Trump spins the facts
38th and 39th ASEAN Summits opens have 311 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 26, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.