The dialogue took place in the context that the Vietnam – Singapore strategic partnership in various fields, including defense cooperation, is continuously developing.
At the event, General Chien thanked for and highly appreciated the support of the Singaporean Ministry of National Defense to military and defense activities and conferences held by Vietnam during its ASEAN Chairmanship Year 2020. Those were the ASEAN Defense Ministers' Joint Declaration on Defense Cooperation against Disease Outbreaks, the Joint Declaration of the ASEAN Defense Ministers on Defense Cooperation for a Cohesive and Responsive ASEAN, and the Joint Declaration by the ADMM-Plus Defense Ministers on Strategic Security Vision of the ADMM-Plus.
For his part, Singaporean Permanent Secretary for Defense Chan Heng Kee highly appreciated and congratulated Vietnam on its fulfillment of the ASEAN Chairmanship Year 2020.
At the dialogue, the two sides affirmed that despite the complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, the bilateral defense cooperation activities have been flexibly and effectively carried out in line with the inked agreements. In particular, the two countries have effectively maintained various mechanisms, including the joint working group in defense cooperation, defense policy dialogue, cooperation in training, and consultations, among others.
The two officials also exchanged views on regional and international situations and issues of global concern, including the East Sea (South China Sea) issue, and affirmed to exert efforts to promote the central role of ASEAN and promote dialogues and cooperation for regional and international peace and stability.
Regarding cooperation orientations in the coming time, the two officials agreed to continue carrying out cooperation contents with a focus on delegation exchanges, training, consultations and cooperation in training and among services and arms. They also agreed to support one another at ASEAN-hosted military and defense activities and back ASEAN’s stance on regional and international security issues.
On the occasion, the Vietnamese general asked the Singaporean side to provide medical supplies and medicines to support the Vietnamese Defense Ministry's COVID-19 prevention and control as well as help the ministry access to COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine production technologies.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 13
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 20
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 7
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 17
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 18
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 11
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 16
- In midst of Afghan crisis, US Vice President Harris visits Vietnam
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 21
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS AUGUST 5
- Frasers Property diversifies its portfolio across Vietnam
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 21
- AIPA and ASEAN parliaments consolidate bloc strengths: Vietnam President
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 22
- Singapore’s Future Decacorn? Carro Has Big Ambitions For The Online Car Market In Southeast Asia
- GOP senator calls for Biden's defense, foreign policy team to resign
- Vietnam's State President arrives in Laos for two-day visit
- A Trump-era policy that shut out top Chinese students could be hurting America more than Beijing
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES AUGUST 8
- Trump piles on the criticism of Biden over Afghanistan and says the chaos at Kabul 'made Vietnam look like child's play'
12th Vietnam - Singapore Defense Policy Dialogue takes place virtually have 483 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.