The dialogue took place in the context that the Vietnam – Singapore strategic partnership in various fields, including defense cooperation, is continuously developing.
At the event, General Chien thanked for and highly appreciated the support of the Singaporean Ministry of National Defense to military and defense activities and conferences held by Vietnam during its ASEAN Chairmanship Year 2020. Those were the ASEAN Defense Ministers' Joint Declaration on Defense Cooperation against Disease Outbreaks, the Joint Declaration of the ASEAN Defense Ministers on Defense Cooperation for a Cohesive and Responsive ASEAN, and the Joint Declaration by the ADMM-Plus Defense Ministers on Strategic Security Vision of the ADMM-Plus.
For his part, Singaporean Permanent Secretary for Defense Chan Heng Kee highly appreciated and congratulated Vietnam on its fulfillment of the ASEAN Chairmanship Year 2020.
At the dialogue, the two sides affirmed that despite the complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic, the bilateral defense cooperation activities have been flexibly and effectively carried out in line with the inked agreements. In particular, the two countries have effectively maintained various mechanisms, including the joint working group in defense cooperation, defense policy dialogue, cooperation in training, and consultations, among others.
The two officials also exchanged views on regional and international situations and issues of global concern, including the East Sea (South China Sea) issue, and affirmed to exert efforts to promote the central role of ASEAN and promote dialogues and cooperation for regional and international peace and stability.
Regarding cooperation orientations in the coming time, the two officials agreed to continue carrying out cooperation contents with a focus on delegation exchanges, training, consultations and cooperation in training and among services and arms. They also agreed to support one another at ASEAN-hosted military and defense activities and back ASEAN’s stance on regional and international security issues.
On the occasion, the Vietnamese general asked the Singaporean side to provide medical supplies and medicines to support the Vietnamese Defense Ministry's COVID-19 prevention and control as well as help the ministry access to COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine production technologies.
Translated by Tran Hoai
- Vietnam to take on a dual role in 2020
- UK Ambassador to Vietnam: The UK to promote ties with Vietnam
- Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix is CANCELLED due to coronavirus fears after top drivers refused to take part when a mechanic caught the deadly illness
- Fans could be BANNED from the Tokyo Olympics and the Six Nations rugby could take until October to complete due to coronavirus
- Novartis eyes PPP projects in Vietnam
- Call for coaching change on table after Vietnam’s top swimmer fails at Asian Games
- Stocks, crude take a hammering after Trump´s Europe ban
- The Trump-Kim Summit May Be Back on — But Success Is Still a Long Shot
- Broadway, the Met Opera, and Carnegie Hall are shut down, March Madness is canceled, and the NBA and NHL go on hiatus due to coronavirus fears
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 7
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 8
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 15
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 12
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 13
- Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert apologizes for 'jokingly' touching reporters' microphones before knowing about coronavirus diagnosis as NBA chief says the season's hiatus will last 'at least 30 days'
- Check them out! Glamorous guests don monochrome ensembles on the first day of Cheltenham following fears it would be cancelled due to coronavirus
- Apple CEO Tim Cook offers employees to work from home amid coronavirus outbreak
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 10
- Smart Traveller advises which countries to avoid due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Coronavirus closures: List of events, sports, and more cancelled amid covid-19 fears
12th Vietnam - Singapore Defense Policy Dialogue takes place virtually have 578 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.