Vien Hong Quang is a young history enthusiast living in Hanoi. As a freelance video editor, he has spent a lot of time on his passion, which is colour film restoration, image quality enhancement with artificial intelligence technology, and adding Vietnamese subtitles to many historical documents. He often shares his work on social media.
Among the videos and photos Quang has restored, a film with President Ho Chi Minh answering an interview on June 5, 1964 with a reporter from the French Broadcasting Office has received the most views, with 18 million and hundreds of shares.
"The film clip's original version was silent. Maybe there are other versions with audio – I don't know. I had to seek sound effects from foreign sound databases. The more I learned about Uncle Ho, the more I admired the great father of Vietnam," Quang said.
This is the music video "Em duoc nghe chuyen Bac Ho" (I've been told Uncle Ho's story), written by musician Pham Tuyen in 1957. Quang assembled the video from many other works about President Ho Chi Minh at the time the president was in Dinh Hoa, Thai Nguyen province, in 1954. He combined several effects, including the sound of forests, footsteps, and a typewriter, among others, to create a realistic feel for the film.
Besides works on President Ho Chi Minh, Quang has also given new life to historical works on famous Vietnamese figures such as former Prime Minister Pham Van Dong, General Vo Nguyen Giap, former Vice President and talented diplomat Nguyen Thi Binh, Professor and Doctor Ton That Tung, and the first chairman of Hanoi, Dr Tran Duy Hung, among others./.
- 183-year-old Greek Revival building faces uncertain future
- 'This Old House,' a pioneer in HGTV, turns 40
- Old World Artisans
- Savoring the whiskey heritage of Old Walkerville
- Day Trips: Old State Capitol, Baton Rouge
- Scientists partially revived a pig's brain after the animal died
- 'This Old House' turns 40, with no plans to retire
- Coastal History: Lions and tigers and bears in Brunswick, oh my
- Darren Baker brings flash, history to Cape Cod Baseball League
- ACD Museum working toward restoration
- Self: Why we suspended our MA program in history
- Tobies Restoration likes a challenge
- Task Force continues to ensure Florida’s Black History seen as Florida History
- History Buff: Tour two historic homes in a trip to South Berwick
- Hackerama revives another political career
- Century-old church mural restored in time for Easter
- City celebrates Kansas City Museum restoration
- California can design the future of work
- At DMZ, step into history for Trump as he offers hand to Kim
- Today in History: May 20, 2019
Youngster restores old works to revive history have 424 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.