He was speaking in an interview granted to the Vietnam News Agency on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the Wallonia-Brussels General Delegation in Vietnam and the 50th founding anniversary of the Belgian French Community (September 27).
The Wallonia-Brussels General Delegation was set up in Vietnam in 1996. Six years later, bilateral ties continued growing well with the signing of an important agreement between the Vietnamese Government and the French Community of Belgium, the Wallonia region, and the French Community Commission of the Brussels-Capital Region (COCOF).
More than 30 high-ranking official visits have been made, helping to enhance their partnership, mutual trust, and experience sharing toward sustainable development, Dervaux noted.
So far, 783 joint projects approved by the Vietnam – Wallonia-Brussels General Delegation Joint Committee have gained encouraging results. The two sides have given special attention to cooperation in health care, environment, new technology, tertiary education, vocational training, scientific research, culture, and the French language.
The representative said promoting the projects that combining scientific research and economic development will be the top common priority of the General Delegation. Win-win partnerships will continue in various areas such as biotechnology, healthcare, and environmental protection. Besides, academic and cultural cooperation will also be enhanced further.
Highlighting the continued intensification and diversification of bilateral ties in the coming time, he said the General Delegation, the Wallonia Export-Investment Agency (AWEX), and the Vietnamese Ministry of Planning and Investment, relevant ministries and agencies are actively consulting with one another to consider the proposed cooperation projects in some strategic development areas of both sides.
Cooperation orientations for 2022-2024 will be identified basing on the Vietnamese Government's priorities in the socio-economic development plan for 2021-2025 as well as the strengths of Wallonia-Brussels, Dervaux noted, adding that the level of traditional cooperation will be elevated and new cooperation fields created.
The two sides will focus their ties on social issues, health care, human resources development, culture, scientific research, industrial development, agriculture, and logistics, among others.
The Wallonia-Brussels General Delegation will also continue to focus on the cooperation areas that have proved fruitful, he went on.
Regarding the E.U. – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) that took effect in August 2020, Dervaux said the General Delegation has been helping Vietnamese ministries and sectors to optimize relevant knowledge, which will help fuel economic development, investment and trade, and reduce difficulties and trade barriers.
- Vietnam relishes role as peace maker as it seeks to balance ties
- Pompeo Warns Central European Allies Over Russia_ China Ties
- Ahead of Trump-Kim summit, South Korean firms in Vietnam dream of return to North Korea
- Trump, Kim welcomed to Vietnam for summit
- Donald Trump will meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un in Vietnam
- Donald Trump heads to Vietnam to meet with North Korea’s Kim Jong Un
- North Korea's Kim arrives in Vietnam for summit; Trump on his way
- North Korea's Kim arrives to warm welcome in Vietnam; Trump on the way
- Ceremony to honor local Vietnam veterans
- Trying to tie the knot for cheap? Ollie’s Bargain Outlet has you covered
- North Huntingdon crash ties up Route 30
- Wrestlers with local ties qualify for NCAA championships in Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh woman pleads guilty to role in crack ring tied to West End gang
- Pittsburgh brothers indicted in meth ring case with ties to Greensburg
- Jung Ho Kang homers again as Pirates tie Orioles
- Wilkinsburg man pleads guilty to role in crack ring tied to West End gang
- Out & About: Excela Black Tie for Hope benefits cancer care
- Local billionaire Maggie Hardy ties the knot in Colorado
- Pittsburgh-area billionaire Maggie Hardy ties the knot in Colorado
- 3 fallen Marines with ties to Pa. honored by flags flown at half-staff until Sunday
Wallonia-Brussels to keep enhancing ties with Vietnam: representative have 598 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.