The Drug Administration of Vietnam under the Ministry of Health has given the green light to Vimedimex Medi-Pharma JSC to import 30 million doses of the Hayat-Vax vaccine, produced in China and packaged in the UAE.
|A vial of the Hayat-Vax vaccine. – Photo: VGP|
Vimedimex had earlier proposed importing the vaccine to meet the urgent demand for the pandemic prevention and control in Vietnam, Lao Dong newspaper reported.
The vaccine is made by China's Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd (Sinopharm) and packaged by the UAE's Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries (Julphar).
The Drug Administration of Vietnam required the vaccine batch to meet the requirements attached to a decision approving the Hayat-Vax vaccine.
Vimedimex was also asked to take responsibility for the origin and quality of the vaccine and ensure the safe and effective use of the vaccine for the right purpose.
The company must also comply with prevailing regulations on the vaccine import and distribution and other relevant regulations.
The Ministry of Health approved the Hayat-Vax vaccine for emergency use on September 10, making it the seventh Covid vaccine to get emergency use authorization in Vietnam.
On September 17, the ministry approved Cuba's Abdala Covid-19 vaccine for emergency use, making it the eighth vaccine approved for emergency use in Vietnam.
The six other vaccines are AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Sputnik V, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson's Janssen, and Sinopharm's Vero Cell.
- Dele Alli gets the winner as strong Tottenham side edge out unlucky Newcastle 2-1: live reaction
- Dele Alli gets the winner as strong Tottenham side edge out unlucky Newcastle 2-1
- Predicting Every NBA Team's Best 2019 Free-Agency Target
- Spark Minda presses the growth accelerator
- Agent's Take: Aaron Rodgers' contract extension and more unfinished offseason business
- Mellinger Minutes: Justin Houston’s claim of health, Berry’s recovery, Royals & more
- Through the Baltic States in a 2011 Jaguar XJ
- Every NFL Team's Biggest Mistake of the Past Decade
- Agent's Take: What the Falcons should do about Julio Jones' contract discontent
- Agent's Take: Will an Odell Beckham Jr. deal be a major reset of the wide receiver market?
- Agent's Take: Here's how to build the Ultimate Roster for 2018 while staying under the cap
- Zack Martin not participating in Cowboys OTAs while he awaits a new contract
- 2018 Fantasy Basketball Draft Prep: Sleepers, Breakouts and Busts for every NBA team
- 20 Tough Questions about the Auto Industry in 2018
- World View: Turkey Fails to Prevent Russia and Iran Mass Slaughter in Idlib, Syria
- 'We are set to be the world’s largest tensioner manufacturer in FY2018.'
- Every NBA Team's Weakest Link Heading into the Draft and Free Agency
- FMIA: Legion of Whom? Fast, Efficient Overhaul Has Seattle Set to Surprise
- Toyota wakes up to India’s promise
- 2007 Ferrari 599GTB Fiorano
Vietnam’s Vimedimex gets nod to import 30 million Hayat-Vax doses have 447 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.