The tuna shipments accounted for about 15.1 percent of Vietnam's total seafood export value to the E.U.
In the second quarter of 2021, the country shipped 9,360 tons of tuna to this market, raking in USD 45.05 million, up 43.9 percent in volume and 59.3 percent in value from the previous quarter.
The surges were attributed to tariff reductions granted to Vietnam's tuna products under the E.U.-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA), which took effect on August 1, 2020.
According to the MoIT, Vietnamese tuna was sold at USD 4.62 per kg on average to the E.U. in the first six months of the year, down 0.27 percent year on year. The global tuna prices have been also declining on the back of weakening demand of canned tuna during the period.
Significant growth was seen in a number of E.U. markets, including Poland which recorded imports of Vietnamese tuna rocketing 989 percent in volume and 608.6 percent in value, and Bulgaria, 289 percent and 229 percent, respectively.
Data from the European Statistical Office (Eurostat) showed that Vietnam was the E.U.'s eighth largest provider of tuna outside the union in the first four months of 2021, making up a 4.9 percent share of the E.U.'s total tuna imports, compared to 4 percent in the same period last year.
The MoIT's Agency of Foreign Trade warned that Vietnam's tuna shipments are likely to continue facing difficulties from the E.U. as a result of the COVID-19 resurgence and the "yellow card" warning on the illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing imposed by the E.C. on Vietnam.
- Where is Vietnam in the technology industry and global supply chain?
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 13
- EVFTA to further increase FDI to Vietnam in mid-and long-term
- Vietnam ought to improve fruit quality for exports
- Aligned interests to take Vietnam-Germany relations to new height
- Vietnam vows to stamp out unregulated fishing
- WHY VIETNAM IS YOUR NEXT INVESTMENT DESTINATION
- Hopes high for year-end rally to reverse shaky trade balance
- Successful digitalization requires changes in mindset
- Delayed FTP: What India’s new trade policy should include in the post-pandemic world
- Government vows to stamp out unregulated fishing
- Have you checked out these 4 things before buying your first crypto?
Vietnam’s tuna exports to E.U. see strong surge thanks to EVFTA have 365 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.