Ha Long, a tourism city on Vietnam's northern coast and home to Ha Long Bay, has reopened beaches and various physical activities after most of its adult population received their COVID-19 vaccinations.
The administration of the city, part of Quang Ninh Province, on Sunday decided to reopen since the city has inoculated around 90 percent of residents aged 18 and older.
Such resumption is part of the city’s steps to meet its double goal of fighting COVID-19 and promoting socio-economic development, after months of suspension due to the pandemic, local authorities said.
Public beaches, football fields, gyms, fitness facilities, yoga centers, and billiards clubs have been allowed to re-operate from Sunday noon.
Activities to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival, which falls on Tuesday, will also be conducted.
The city's authorities require all individuals and organizations engaging in such activities to fully implement epidemic prevention measures.
Administrations of all levels must strengthen their supervision over compliance with COVID-19 prevention and control regulations and strictly handle violations.
Nearly 830,000 people have received at least one vaccine dose in Quang Ninh to date, according to the provincial Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
Ha Long City, whose Ha Long Bay was recognized by UNESCO as a World Natural Heritage in 1994, takes the lead in the province in COVID-19 vaccination coverage.
Quang Ninh is striving to vaccinate 100 percent of adult residents in the near future.
Vietnam has administered 27.57 million first shots and 6.51 million second doses since inoculation was rolled out on March 8, the Ministry of Health reported on Sunday.
Since the pandemic hit the country in early 2020, Quang Ninh, with a population of over 1.4 million, has documented 124 COVID-19 patients and no deaths.
Overall, the country has registered 687,063 infection cases, including 457,505 recoveries and 17,090 fatalities, the ministry said.
- How Long Do I Retain Immunity?
- Vaccine rates rise on long-wary ‘hippie’ island near Seattle
- Chopper video shows capture of teens linked to 46 high-end auto thefts in Palm Beach County
- City to Compass: Cars & SUVs that will be hit by the Tata Harrier's pricing
- Fact-Checking An Anti-Vax 'Vaccine Symposium'
- Doctors are "pushing vaccines"? Gee, you say that as though that were a bad thing!
- 'Let There Be Sand': Shuttered Portion Of Rockaway Beach To Reopen This Summer
- The best defense against the flu is a vaccine, but many don't get vaccinated because of persistent myths, debunked here
- The best defense against the flu is a vaccine, but many don't get vaccinated because of persistent myths – all debunked here
- The benefits of the measles vaccine go beyond measles
- Flu activity increases in Kentucky; health officials urge all 6 months and older to get vaccinated, and to wash your hands
- Exclusive: Yusef Salaam of the Central Park Five Says City’s Recent Document Dump Is One-Sided, Prejudicial and Biased
- Postcards from a poisoned coast: Vietnam's people-smuggling heartland
- Vietnam's solar energy sector a magnet for foreign companies, funds
- VinFast: behind Vietnam’s rapid-fire automotive dream
- NYC Board Of Health Upholds Mandatory Measles Vaccinations In North Brooklyn
- How the Vietnam War Brought High-Tech Border Surveillance to America
- 1937 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Berlinetta wins the 2018 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
- ’90s Dreaming With Honda At JCCS
- Hurricane Michael 145 MPH Category 4 Panama City Landfall
Vietnam’s Ha Long City reopens beaches as 90% of adults got COVID-19 vaccination have 534 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.