A teacher from the north-central Vietnamese province of Quang Binh has been found deliberately receiving two doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine within only 10 minutes.
The incident occurred at a vaccination site at a general hospital in Le Thuy District on Saturday, Ngo Duc Van – director of the infirmary – confirmed on Sunday morning.
N.T.L., a teacher at Truong Thuy Elementary and Middle School, received the two vaccine shots on purpose, Van added.
After getting her first dose, L. folded her vaccination paper to cover the confirmation stamp and headed back to the waiting line.
At the vaccination desk, the health worker looked at the folded piece of paper and was not aware that L. had already jabbed.
The health worker then injected L. with another dose and only realized it when she was about to add the confirmation stamp to L.'s vaccination paper.
The interval between the two shots was only 10 minutes, while the recommended pause for the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine is eight to 12 weeks.
L. had her health monitored for about 40 minutes before being sent home as she was still in good shape.
The teacher was told to promptly contact the hospital if she experiences any abnormal signs.
Upon being questioned, L. said she originally intended to receive four vaccine doses that day.
Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper contacted L. on Sunday afternoon and the woman confirmed she was in stable health.
Quang Binh has recorded over 1,400 local COVID-19 infections since the fourth wave hit Vietnam on April 27.
- Hrithik Roshan's Parents Rakesh and Pinkie Roshan Receive Covid-19 Vaccine Shots, Share Pics
- Man accidentally receives two COVID-19 vaccine shots minute apart in Vietnam
- Nearly 500,000 COVID-19 vaccine shots from COVAX arrive in Vietnam
- How will I receive my second COVID-19 vaccine shot in Ho Chi Minh City?
- One million Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine shots arrive in Ho Chi Minh City
- Israeli prime minister receives COVID-19 booster shot
- Vietnam receives COVID-19 vaccine delivery from Poland
- Ministry of Health receives Covid-19 vaccine donated by Poland
- Vietnam to receive COVID-19 vaccines from Poland
- Nearly 3.5 million people receive COVID-19 vaccination certificates online
- 1/3 of Israel's older population has received COVID-19 booster shot as Delta cases rise
- Ask The Doctor: Should You Worry if You Are Unable to Take the Second COVID-19 Vaccine Shot on the 28th Day?
- New York joins growing number of states authorizing a third COVID-19 vaccine shot
- 'Like getting the crown jewels': Frontline workers start receiving COVID-19 vaccine in regions
- Indore: Urban rural gap in administering first dose of Covid-19 vaccine widens 10% in a month
- Joe Biden Receives COVID-19 Vaccine on TV: 'We Owe You Big,' He Tells Healthcare Workers
- 1 Covid-19 vaccine shot offers virtually no shield: Hospital study
- PH targeting 1 million COVID-19 vaccine shots per day
- Across China: More expats in China receive COVID-19 vaccines
- Denmark's Queen Margrethe, 80, Is First European Royal to Receive COVID-19 Vaccine
Vietnamese teacher purposely receives two COVID-19 vaccine shots within 10 minutes have 478 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.