Vietnamese State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and a delegation of high-ranking officials attended the opening session of the high-level general debate of the United Nations General Assembly's 76th session (UNGA 76) in New York City on Tuesday.
The theme for this year's UNGA is ‘Building resilience through hope – to recovery from COVID-19, rebuild sustainably, respond to the needs of the planet, respect the rights of people, and revitalize the United Nations.’
The event was attended by heads of state and government, prime ministers, and high-ranking representatives from 193 member states, along with leaders of international and regional organizations and international financial institutions.
During the gathering, delegates discussed solutions and proposals to address global issues including the COVID-19 pandemic, recovery and sustainable development, hotspots in regions, non-traditional challenges, climate change, and food security.
In his opening speech, President of the UN General Assembly Abdulla Shahid pledged to boost international cooperation in order to cope with and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
He stressed the need to increase global efforts to respond to climate change, reduce poverty, and promote and protect human rights so that no one is left behind.
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called for the international community's prompt actions and cooperation to seek solutions to a series of crises.
He urged the implementation of sustainable development goals, and promoted equal access to COVID-19 vaccines.
President Phuc is scheduled to deliver a speech on Wednesday afternoon (New York time), in which he will propose comprehensive and long-term solutions to urgent international issues, contributing to the maintenance of global peace and security as well as sustainable and inclusive development.
The Vietnamese leader will have meetings with senior leaders of countries and international organizations, and join summits within the framework of the UN General Assembly's 76th session.
The annual high-level general debate will last until September 27.
- Vietnam's National Day celebrated in Egypt, South Africa, Laos, Europe
- UN Assembly president: 'Inclusion is key' for virus vaccine
- Activities mark Vietnam's National Day in Europe
- Iran's friends should have defied U.S. sanctions during pandemic - President Rouhani
- Former Indian President Pranab Mukherjee Passes Away at 84
- PM Modi likely to address virtual UN General Assembly on September 26
- UN Assembly president: ‘Inclusion is key’ for virus vaccine
- PM chairs ceremony marking 75th anniversary of National Day
- Kremlin Confirms That Putin Will Deliver Video Address at UN General Assembly
- The President believes he is losing this race
- Clean Air Initiative: UN asks nations to align climate change, air pollution policies by 2030
- Victoria Beckham reveals fading tattoo tribute to husband David as the couple attend charity events on different continents
- Trump Campaign Requests ‘Written Confirmation’ Basement Biden Will Participate in Presidential Debates
- Vietnam chooses national benefits, international laws
- Former President George H.W. Bush remembered for role in Cold War, Iraq
- Once Again, New York Won’t Help Kill the Electoral College
- Nancy Pelosi doubles down on her advice that Joe Biden NOT debate Donald Trump: 'Why waste everybody's time listening to what he has to say?'
- UNSC reform talks being 'held hostage' by some nations: India
- Motorcycle rider who attended Sturgis rally dies of COVID; hair salons open in L.A.
- Takeaways from the Republican National Convention
Vietnamese president attends general debate of United Nations General Assembly in New York have 537 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at September 22, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.