Havana (VNA) – Vietnamese Minister of Foreign Affairs Bui Thanh Son held a meeting with Cuban Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs Marcelino Medina in Havana on September 19 (local time).
Son, who was accompanying President Nguyen Xuan Phuc on an official visit to Cuba from September 18-20, emphasised the important significance of the Vietnamese leader's trip in the current context, saying that it manifested the special friendship, close solidarity and comprehensive cooperation between Vietnam and Cuba.
He highly appreciated the close coordination between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs and the Embassies of Vietnam and Cuba in preparing for President Phuc's first visit to Cuba.
The Vietnamese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and its Cuban counterpart will urge other ministries and sectors of the two nations to effectively implement high-level agreements reached by President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel, Son said.
Medina stressed that President Phuc's visit was the first official high-level activity in Cuba since the COVID-19 pandemic broke out in the country. Leaders and the people of Cuba have attached great importance to the visit, considering it as vivid evidence of consistent solidarity and timely mutual support between the two nations, he added.
The two sides agreed to continue flexibly carrying out the political consultation mechanism at the deputy foreign minister level amid complicated developments of the COVID-19 pandemic.
They also consented to strengthen coordination, cooperation and mutual support at international organisations and multilateral forums of which both nations are members, especially the United Nations.
The officials held that amid current challenges, the two sides will actively promote cooperative ties in different fields to match with fine political relations between Vietnam and Cuba for the common interests of both nations.
At the end of the meeting, Son and Medina witnessed the signing of a memorandum of understanding on cooperation between the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam and the Raúl Roa García Higher Institute of International Relations of Cuba by Vietnamese Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Dang Hoang Giang and his Cuban counterpart Gerardo Penalver./.
- Police believe all lorry victims were Vietnamese
- Raul Castro: I'm stepping down as Cuba's president on April 19
- PBC on Fox: Peter Quillin talks journey from drug-dealing aspirations to second act of career
- Volvo Launches FH, FM & FMX Premium Range Of Trucks In India
- Pompeo speaks over phone with Turkish FM over Syria
- This is why the ‘Cuban Missile’ is NASCAR’s most unlikely contender for the championship
- TV-radio listings: Oct. 8
- Survey suggests upper coast anglers support lower trout limits
- FMIA: Legion of Whom? Fast, Efficient Overhaul Has Seattle Set to Surprise
- Dodgers' Puig, Giants' Hundley ejected after punch thrown
- 30 years later, cancer survivor re-unites with Don Mattingly
- Federal-Mogul expands valve guide, seat and turbo bushing materials to enable greener heavy-duty diesel engines
- FMIA: On The Mack Mistake And Why Super Bowl 53 Will Be Rams-Patriots
- Today's GAC games
- What Adam Gase learned from 2017 failure caused him to value these traits above talent
- What does Tannehill think about losing his No. 1 target and Miami's new weapons?
- Hard knocks: LeBron James TV series celebrates Liberty City youth football, Luther Campbell
- Here’s what Riley said about the Heat’s place in the trade market. And how it can improve
- How the Miami Hurricanes should fare during a season of great expectations
- After a day of deliberations, Beckham stadium vote deferred 6 days
Vietnamese FM meets with Acting FM of Cuba have 572 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.