The film is not recommended for children under the age of sixteen. The 99-minute movie begins with a mother caring for her son till her final breath. Her son insisted on cremation, while her neighbor chose to bury her.
Meanwhile, another story in the film is about a woman who decides to bury her husband in his hometown after he was killed in a construction accident. The wife's faithfulness, on the other hand, is questioned by the husband's relatives because she is young and beautiful.
Director Park Sung Ho, Member of the festival's organizing committee, said, "In the end, how living people react to death determines how they feel about it. No one can be forced to miss someone or to carry a memory debt. Director Bui Kim Quy's Memoryland focuses on revealing the reality that no one can avoid."
The Vietnamese film will compete for the New Currents Award this year against ten rivals from Iran, China, and India. This is Bui Kim Quy's second film, which was supported by the ASEAN Cinema Fund Busan's Script Development Fund. The film has three screening sessions and audience exchanges in Busan.
Since 1996, the Busan International Film Festival has been one of the Asian largest film festivals. With 21 categories, the event hopes to recognize young directors and newly-released works.
Translated by Minh Anh
- Short film on Liberation War competes in Busan
- Heartland announces new festival dedicated to short films
- TIGLFF is back on both sides of the bay with films to heal and celebrate the LGBT community
- Newcastle hosts open auditions for new action film
- Film festival brings more talent to its opening night gala
- Iranian shorts to compete in intl. festivals
- Five Pakistani films to be screened at SCO Film Festival
- KCC stages Architectural Film Festival in Manila
- Rwandan films shortlisted for Zanzibar film festival awards
- 5 great California arts festivals
- Provincetown International Film Festival 2018: All you need to know
- Azerbaijan represented for the first time at Annecy International Animation Film Festival
- Viral short films make waves globally
- 21 films on the 23
- Rani Mukerjee's comedy-drama Hichki to be screened at 2018 Shanghai International Film Festival
- Filmmakers Boycott Tel Aviv LGBT Film Festival over Pinkwashing
- Kashmir Film Festival To Feature 45 Movies From Italy, USA & Iran
- 3rd-Edition Of ‘Kashmir World Film Festival’ To Be Held From June 19th-25th
- FILM: POPE FRANCIS – A MAN OF HIS WORD ****
- Luang Prabang Film Festival to spotlight Indonesia
Vietnamese film enters Busan international film festival have 402 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 29, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.