Google searches related to online grocery stores increased by 223 percent in Q2, 2021. The number of searches increased 11 times in July compared to May and 3.6 times compared to June when the social distancing order under the Directive 16 was implemented in some provinces and cities.
People pay more attention to fresh food, beverages, pre-packaged items, fruits and veggies as the searches of these items surge by 99 percent, 51 percent, 30 percent, and 11 percent, respectively, compared to the previous quarter. Thus, social distancing could be one of the factors driving the surge in demand for online supermarkets. With the growing necessity of purchasing essentials online, retailers are more likely to adapt to the digital platform.
In addition, iPrice discovered that grocery items in Vietnam is among the cheapest in the ASEAN region after comparing the prices of popular offline grocery items in Southeast Asian countries from Numbeo, one of the world’s largest user-contributed databases. According to Numbeo users, the cost of these items in Vietnam is only about VND1.2 million (US$54).
According to a study conducted by iPrice Group and SimilarWeb, the top 50 shopping sites' web visits in Vietnam’s Map of E-commerce in the first six months reached more than 1.3 billion, the highest ever and up by 10 percent from the first quarter.
Shopee Vietnam obtained 73 million visits in Q2, which increased by 9.2 million from Q1. Meanwhile, Lazada Vietnam’s average website traffic increased by 14 percent compared to the first three months of the year, reaching 20.4 million visits.
The average visits to the websites of two domestic e-commerce platforms Tiki and Sendo slightly decreased, reaching 17.2 and 7.9 million respectively.
- More Vietnamese consumers embracing digital payments
- Walmart Set To Dethrone Amazon As New Online Grocery King
- Grab Expands Business To Include Grocery, News Services
- Walmart's latest tool for ordering groceries: Google assistant
- It Started as an Online Gaming Prank. Then It Turned Deadly
- The 1 Part Of Walmart’s Online Strategy That Isn’t Working
- 3 Reasons Amazon Is Making A Bigger Push Into Grocery Stores
- The four experiences to drive consumers to your stores
- How Do Consumers Feel About Changing Retail Technology?
- IRI Consumer Connect Survey Finds 2018 Off to Slow Start, but Predictions for Year Are Favorable
- Walmart Flexes Its New Online Muscles In Latin America
- Global consumer trends that will define 2019
- Amazon.com's Ad Prices Could Soar Next Year
- US Retail Sales Jump 0.4% In August On Gains In Autos, Online
- Apple Music, Coming To A Coffee Shop Near You
- Top reasons to start a grocery shopping business
- Amazon Has Competition In 'Just Walk Out' Grocery Stores
- Digital Disrupt: Entertainment Stocks Pummelled in 2015, Netflix Soars
- Savvy consumers add to squeeze on embattled retailers
- 2018 holidays could be the biggest readiness test for online retailers ever
Vietnamese consumers' demand for shopping groceries online soars amid Covid-19 have 480 words, post on www.sggpnews.org.vn at September 19, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.