Results of a survey released by leading online accommodation reservations provider Agoda found four out of 10 Vietnamese respondents willing to travel again within four months after social distancing measures are removed.
The survey was carried out by Singapore-based market research company YouGov Singapore Pte. Ltd among a sample of 1,103 Vietnamese adults last July.
Just 5 percent said they would travel immediately after restrictions are lifted, while 14 percent said they would do so within the first month. Twenty-five percent of surveyed respondents said they would wait until the pandemic situation gets better and 16 percent said they would only travel again after 80 percent of Vietnamese population are fully vaccinated or Vietnam achieves herd immunity.
One-third of respondents said they look forward to spending time by beach or exploring nature on their first trip after the pandemic.
Vietnam has closed its borders since last March and most tourism spots at home are also shut down as the country grapples with its most challenging outbreak since late April.
More than 570,000 infections have been detected in the latest outbreak, prompting many localities to impose strict lockdowns and suspend tourism activities.
Over 24.7 million people have received at least one Covid-19 vaccine shot to date and more than 4.1 million people have been fully vaccinated.
- Vietnamese in Top 6 favorite nationalities to meet on vacation: survey
- UK police name 39 Vietnamese victims of truck horror
- Vietnam are ready to take King's Cup
- How Hong Kong's relationship with Beijing went from cautious optimism to fear of a siege
- Sydney firestorm lockdown: Hundreds of schools and nursing homes CLOSE, roads are shut and the army is called in as a deadly ring of fire bears down and thick black smoke blankets the city
- Malaysia urges citizens to obey Australian immigration law after report of 33,000 asylum claims
- Two Vietnamese expelled from Australia over breach of biosecurity rules
- Lessons learned from last big Sonoma blaze: ready to run, ready to fight
- Ready to host our I-League home matches in Srinagar: Real Kashmir co-owner
- Whitepaper points out why Vietnamese love and hate ride-hailing apps
- Passport Requirement Confuses Pilgrims as Kartarpur Corridor Gets Ready to Welcome Devotees
- Mulan star Liu Yifei sparks outrage and calls for movie boycott after tweeting support for Beijing against Hong Kong protesters despite being naturalized US citizen
- South London's top 10 budget eats
- East London's top 10 budget restaurants
- Friendly visa policies help VN greet more big spenders
- Australian retiree convicted of terrorism and jailed for 12 years in Vietnam
- Embassy Education and Reggio Children launch Little Em Reggio Emilia preschool
- Urban railway helps reduce carbon emissions: JICA
- Sri Lanka attacks: Mass funerals held as nation mourns
- Malaysian intercepted by Australian authorities at Kuala Lumpur airport stirs anger
Vietnamese citizens cautiously ready to travel after lockdown have 425 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 12, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.