The Le Monde newspaper of France has recently posted an article reporting that VinFast automaker of Viet Nam's conglomerate Vingroup has entered the high-end electric car market in Europe, as it is expected to launch two models in France and Germany by late 2022.
"Not so long ago, an unknown Vietnamese automaker with ambition to gain a foothold in the premium market would hardly have been taken seriously. Today, the arrival of the VinFast brand is not entirely surprising.
"The electric car has become the horizon of the automobile industry, and technological barriers such as income from the situation inherited from the reign of thermal engines are cracking," wrote the article.
Since its presence in 2018 at the Paris Motor Show, VinFast has worked hard to build a factory capable of producing 250,000 vehicles per year in the northern port city of Hai Phong, with an investment of US$4.4 billion, the article continued.
It added that after having produced 30,000 units in 2020 based on BMW and General Motors technologies, the Vietnamese manufacturer on September 23 presented two full-size electric vehicles in Italy, which will be marketed at the end of 2022 in the US, Canada, Germany, France and the Netherlands. The range will expand in the following years.
"VinFast will be top-of-the-range cars with top-notch equipment, but at the right price," assured Thomas Chretien, the company’s marketing director for Europe.
VinFast posts an annual revenue of $16 billion, making up over 2 per cent of Viet Nam's gross domestic product. — VNS
- Expert is convinced we'll soon be buying electric cars in our droves
- Electric cars outsell fossil fuel-powered vehicles in Norway
- US zooms past Europe in electric car sales
- Big carmakers are placing vast bets on electric vehicles
- Asia in charge of electric car battery production
- These are the best and worst places in Notts to be an electric car owner
- Huge rise in electric car ownership in Sussex but charging point infrastructure still ‘patchy’, investigation reveals
- Belarus, China in negotiations on making electric cars together
- As Ford Exits the Russian Car Market, Its Sacked Workers Fight for a Fair Pay-Off
- Fast Frankie aims for European glory
- More bad news for Boeing; Brexit drama; Volkswagen's electric plans
- Eddie Cunningham: 'A little bit of history was made as I silently steamed along in an electric Ferrari last week'
- BMW 745e hybrid review: the driver's choice in the super-limousine market
- Electric shift prompts belt-tightening for German carmakers
- Tesla taps China’s market ahead of schedule
- Tesla killer? Volvo spin-off unveils Google-powered all-electric sedan
- Days of driverless cars are closer
- Toyota builds a moon rover … to boldly go where no car company has gone before
- How do you insure a driverless car?
- PSA carmaker hails 'historic' year, raises profit outlook
Vietnamese carmaker aims to conquer European high-end electric car market have 449 words, post on bizhub.vn at September 28, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.