London (VNA) – Vietnamese businesses in the UK donated over 2 billion VND (more than 87,800 USD) to support COVID-19 prevention and control efforts in Vietnam at a ceremony marking the 15th anniversary of the Vietnam Business Association in the UK (VBUK).
At the ceremony held on September 15 in London, Vietnamese Ambassador to the UK Nguyen Hoang Long called on the VBUK to maintain its role as a bridge between the business community in the UK and Vietnam.
He said that bilateral trade between Vietnam and the UK has increased about 10 times from 600-700 million USD in 2007 to 6.5 billion USD in 2021, and is expected to reach 10 billion USD thanks to the implementation of the UKVFTA.
The Ambassador emphasized that this is a great opportunity that Vietnamese businesses in general and Vietnamese businesses in the UK in particular need to take advantage of.
Pham Minh Nam, chairman of VBUK in the just-concluded tenure, said that the association successfully connected the business communities of the UK and Vietnam, and assisted many European and UK companies in setting up partnerships with Vietnamese firms.
Assessing the potential for cooperation between domestic and Vietnamese enterprises in the UK, Phuong Hoang, Chairman of VBUK for the 2021-2026 term said that the implementation of UKVFTA with preferential tariffs has opened up great opportunities for Vietnamese businesses in the two countries to promote trade, increase import-export activities and investment./.
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 6
- Foreign banks make fat profits while Vietnamese are busy settling debts
- BHS crash sets trend for a chain of closures on UK high streets
- Mothercare to appoint administrators for UK chain, putting 2,500 jobs at risk
- MEPs call time on UK hours opt-out
- Facebook enjoys £11m UK tax credit despite £5bn global profit
- Brexit: Could the UK and EU sort a trade deal in months?
- UK manufacturing growth stays strong at end of year
- UK manufacturing beats forecasts with strong growth in August
- UK government taken to court over refusal to issue gender neutral passports
- Local Chambers of Commerce voice support for Northeast Maglev
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DEC. 4
- Vietnamese enterprises face tough international competition
- ASL Law Legal superconductor for businesses
- ‘I became suicidal’: students accused of cheating by UK tell of 'living hell'
- Vietnamese women association in Tanzania supports orphans
- More support policies needed to boost startups, innovation: VCCI President
- Overseas Vietnamese to celebrate Hung Kings Temple Festival
- JETRO opens agro business meeting
- UK floods: River levels rise as rain and wind sweep in
Vietnamese businesses in UK support pandemic fight in home country have 421 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 16, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.