PANO – As part of the third Vietnam-China Youth Festival, a forum entitled "Youths pioneer socio-economic development" was held on November 7 in the northwestern province of Lao Cai.
As many as 100 Chinese youths and 200 local youths from Lao Cai province participated in the event to better their understanding of the two countries' traditional friendship, their youths' Youth Union-related experience sharing, as well as bring into full play youths' role in socio-economic development.
Reports delivered at the forum highlighted the important role of youths in socio-economic development. Besides, delegates shared youth organization's outcomes and experiences in engaging in socio-economic development.
|Overview of the forum|
Addressing the forum, Giang Quoc Hung, Secretary of the Lao Cai provincial Youth Union Committee, said that Lao Cai mountainous province with 182 kilometers of borderline, two international border gates and one national border gate and bordering Chinese province of Yunnan, is a bridge in the Kunming (China)-Lao Cai-Hanoi-Hai Phong-Quang Ninh economic corridor and links Vietnam and ASEAN member countries' markets with that of the Southwestern region of China.
Hung added that the province is tapping its potentials and advantages to raise import-export turnover through the border gates. It has also coordinated with Yunnan province to tap tourism potentials, popularize service products of each locality, and develop tourism cooperation model "Two nations-One destination", contributing greatly to socio-economic development of the two provinces and the two countries as a whole.
For his part, Zhao Guoliang, Deputy Secretary of the Yunnan provincial Youth organization hoped that the two provinces should boost cooperation in various fields, and youth exchanges.
Via the forum, Vietnamese and Chinese youths could review their accomplishments in socio-economic development and shared their experiences so as to promote youth organizations and youths' roles in developing economy in their respective countries.
The forum is expected to help bolster Vietnam-China's friendly ties and cooperation in different fields and develop the two countries' comprehensive strategic partnership and the relations between the two countries' youth unions and people.
Later in the evening, leaders of the Chinese youth delegation paid a courtesy call on Lao Cai provincial leaders.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Chinese leaders join discussions with political advisors
- Draft national programme on development in ethnic minority areas submitted to NA
- PM asks Quảng Ninh to develop tourism as spearhead economic sector
- ASEAN-Australia forum held online
- Songwriting contest celebrates 70th anniversary of Youth Volunteer Force
- Việt Nam Government presents reports on joining ILO convention against forced labour to parliament
- Cooperation with Vietnam to develop further: Egyptian President
- Hire Delta youths for new security outfit- Onuesoke
- Vietnamese youth share perspectives on “Building the Future We Want”
- Vietnam joins 32nd ASEAN – Australia Forum
- Hà Nội needs vision on development path
- National Assembly deliberates Vietnam’s joining ILO convention against forced labour
- NA deliberates Vietnam’s joining ILO convention against forced labour
- People joining voluntary social insurance down due to COVID-19
- Africa Youth Survey 2020 holds in New Dimension
- Youth Party appoints Oluwamayowa Idowu as Spokesperson
- ‘Wishful Thinking’: US Slams China’s Security Laws in Hopes of Saving Own Economic Standing
- Economic relief stressed to mitigate virus impact
- Cuba holds seminar on Vietnam’s development experience
- China’s Belt and Road plan projected to have massive economic benefits — but there are major concerns
Vietnamese and Chinese youths join forum on socio-economic development have 538 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.