A report released Monday places Vietnam in 44th position overall and first position among the lower-middle income economies. It retains its top position in the lower middle-income bracket from last year.
With a score of 37, Vietnam is placed behind Thailand and ahead of Russia in the worldwide ranking and ahead of India in the lower middle-income bracket.
The report mentions Vietnam as one of four economies (the others being Turkey, India and the Philippines) with the potential to change the global innovation landscape, systematically catching up with other economies like China.
Vietnam in particular is among several developing economies that have held the record for over-performing on innovation relative to their level of development for the 11th year in the row, the report says.
In Asia (excluding Western Asia), Vietnam is ranked 8th among 25 economies in the region, behind Thailand and ahead of India.
The 2021 Global Innovation Index, issued by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), ranks the innovative performance of world economies based on seven factors: human capital and research, knowledge and technology output, infrastructure, market sophistication, business sophistication, creative outputs and institutions.
Vietnam has been part of the index since its debut in 2007, climbing up steadily since 2013, after several years of hovering just above the 70th place.
- Investing In Vietnam With Dragon Capital's Bill Stoops
- Cuba works to join the global economy, and IT sees a golden opportunity
- 'Digital industrialism': Why we need to rethink the purpose of our economy
- New White House report addresses effect of AI on unemployment
- Smoking Costs Global Economy More Than $1 Trillion A Year
- Driving Innovation at Fidelity Investments
- Swapping a beer for water may lower obesity risk
- 50% of low-skilled jobs will be replaced by AI and automation, report claims
- Jobs With Justice: New Campaigns Take Aim At Low Wages, Working Poor, Falling Middle Class
- Silicon Valley Boom Eludes Many, Drives Income Gap
- AP FACT CHECK: Off notes from Democrats on climate, economy
- The sharing economy: Will self-regulation by startups suffice to protect consumers?
- U.S. Report Sees Perils to America's Tech Future
- Rural Entrepreneurs Make For a Healthy Local Economies
- World Economic Forum: WEF Report Outlines How to Counter Populous Uprising and Alternative Media
- 5 Things About The Big Data Economy That Managers Should Know
- Why the Middle East could be the first region in the world to adopt 5G
- Report: BCRA would mean more than 900K healthcare jobs lost
- Innovation in the cloud: Do-it-yourself online eye exams
- Time to shine: Why the dismal economy can be good for IT leaders
Vietnam top innovator among lower middle-income economies: report have 402 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 21, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.