In a resolution issued Monday on buying Cuba's Abdala vaccine, produced by the Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (CIGB), the government said the doses will be procured by a contractor chosen in line with the Law on Bidding for “special cases.”
The resolution accepts the usual disclaimers for emergency use vaccines and that any contract dispute will be handled in accordance with Cuban law. In case the two parties in the contract cannot reach an agreement, the settlement shall be based on the Arbitration Rules of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in Paris, France.
The purchase decision follows the Health Ministry granting emergency use approval for Cuba's Abdala Covid-19 vaccine Friday.
The vaccine employs a traditional approach by using a part of the spike protein, which the virus uses to bind to human cells, to build up the immune reaction.
Cuba approved emergency use of the Abdala vaccine on July 9 after manufacturers announced it was more than 92 percent effective with three doses. It is seeking the World Health Organization approval for the vaccine, with the vetting process started Thursday last week.
Abdala is the eighth Covid-19 vaccine approved for emergency use in Vietnam. The others are U.K.'s AstraZeneca, the U.S.'s Johnson & Johnson, Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech, Russia's SputnikV, China's Sinopharm and the UAE's Hayat-Vax.
The nation has administered more than 34 million Covid-19 people, with around 6.5 million getting two doses.
- Indonesian Forest Fires Putting 10 Million Children At Risk: UN
- I flew on a $10 million Embraer Phenom 300E and I now see why it’s the most popular private jet in the world
- God Of War Surpasses 10 Million Lifetime Sales
- Cancer Beaten With 10 Million Doses-Worth of Measles Vaccine by Mayo Clinic
- The Man Who Says Science Blew Its Best Shot at an AIDS Vaccine
- From autism risks to mercury poisoning, here are 10 lies anti-vaxxers are spreading about the measles vaccine
- Can Minors Get Vaccinated Without Parental Consent?
- The Little-Discussed Hidden Gem AT&T Got In Buying Time Warner
- Who Won The Mega Millions Jackpot? Winning Numbers For January 25
- Ryanair in total buy-up of F1 legend Niki Lauda's budget fleet
- How long do vaccines last? The surprising answers may help protect people longer
- DRC expands Ebola vaccine campaign as cases mount rapidly
- New Vaccine Shows Early Promise for Patients for HER2-positive Cancers
- Here's How Health Officials Plan to Use the Ebola Vaccine in New African Outbreak
- Report: Russia to Loan Cuba $50 Million to Buy Their Weapons
- Washington Measles Outbreak Hits Non-Vaccinated Kids Between 1 And 10
- An Ebola Vaccine Gets Its First Real-World Test
- Is the Next Big Step in Cancer Therapy Personalized Vaccines?
- Siri, it seems, doesn’t know everything. Just ask who the president of Cuba is.
- 'Vaccine Hesitancy' In WHO's Top 10 Health Threats For 2019 With Ebola, HIV
Vietnam to buy 10 million Covid-19 vaccine doses from Cuba have 461 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 20, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.