The Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology, which developed the Sputnik V vaccine, evaluated the batch coded SV-030721M on August 26 and found that it meets quality standards.
Vabiotech President Do Tuan Dat stated that the company plans to import semi-finished Sputnik V vaccine this month in order to pack them, allowing Vietnam to become self-sufficient in Sputnik V vaccine supply.
The vaccine uses heterogeneous boosting, meaning that it utilizes two separate vectors over the course of two doses, according to the manufacturer, providing longer immunity than vaccines that use the same delivery method. There is a three-week gap between two shorts.
Sputnik V’s efficacy is 91.6 percent, according to a clinical test result published in the journal "The Lancet." After injection, 98 percent of volunteers produce antibodies against the virus.
On March 23, the Vietnamese Ministry of Health gave Sputnik V conditional approval for emergency use. On July 21, Vabiotech officially announced the trial production of the Sputnik V vaccine.
Vabiotech is also aiming for the registration of the Sputnik Light vaccine, which just requires one shot, according to President Do Tuan Dat.
Translated by Song Anh
- Pfizer Initiates Phase 1 Clinical Trial to Evaluate Investigational GBS Vaccine
- Vaccines On Horizon For AIDS, Alzheimer's, Herpes
- Strategy for Predicting the Immunity of Vaccines Discovered
- Why a Zika Vaccine is a Long Way Off
- X-Ray Beam Helps Uncover Blueprint For Lassa Virus Vaccine
- Researchers Move Toward MRSA Vaccine
- Promising New Leprosy Vaccine Moves Into Human Trials
- Ebola Vaccine Tested on Adults and Children in Africa Hailed a Success
- Vietnam expects to export 1.7 mln tonnes of coffee this year
- T Cells May Be Hampering HIV Vaccines
- Lilly, CureVac Announce Global Collaboration to Develop mRNA Cancer Vaccines
- Genocea's GEN-003 in Prime Position to Lead GH Vaccine Space
- Study Suggests Route to Single Vaccine for Multiple Viruses
- 'Old' Vaccine May Still Have Future Benefit
- Investigational H1N1 VLP Vaccine Protects Against Influenza Strains
- US Urged to Stockpile Cholera Vaccine
- Vaccine Group Working to Buy Life-Saving Shots
- Moderna Initiates Dosing Regimen for Phase I Study of Personalized Cancer Vaccine
- AIDS Vaccine Shows Success
- Study Reveals New Clues to How a Successful HIV Vaccine Could Work
Vietnam successfully develops first Sputnik V vaccine batch have 340 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.