France has remained one of the largest pepper buyers in the E.U. that does not only import pepper for domestic consumption but also for re-export to other European countries.
From January to July, Vietnam's pepper accounted for 37.2 percent of France's total imports, an increase from 30.72 percent over the same period last year, and the Vietnamese product fetched higher prices in the European country, the agency quoted data from Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union, as saying.
In Vietnam, black pepper was sold at 76,000 – 80,000 VND (3.34-3.51 USD) per kg in mid-September, up 2 – 2.7 percent from the end of August. White pepper fetched 119,000 VND in the middle of this month, up 1.7 percent from the end of August and 77.6 percent year-on-year.
Pepper prices are likely to rise further in the coming time as Vietnam is gradually relaxing social distancing measures, prompting traders to increase buying to meeting demand for exports.
- 80,000 tonnes of pepper exported in seven months
- US$370 million from pepper exports in four months
- RoK exports to Vietnam surge 50 percent in seven months
- HCM City sees FDI falls in first seven months
- Market sees best day in last seven months
- Exports in Seven Months Reach US$36.876Bln
- Over 4 million tonnes of rice exported in seven months
- Vietnam Sees Low Rice Exports in Jan-February
- Ho Chi Minh City sees FDI falls in first seven months
- Vietnam sees fruit, vegetable exports surge
- Vietnam sees surge in trade deficit with China
- HCM City sees lowest CPI rise in seven months
- Vietnam experiences surge in export to RoK
- Vietnam’s trade surplus in first seven months higher than expected
- Vietnam sees three more exports each exceed US$1 billion in revenue
- Exports of tra fish earns US$1.2 billion in first seven months
- Pepper exports to see substantial growth
- Pepper exports gain volume, value rises
- Vietnam’s Pepper Export Value Down 4.4 per cent to US$194M in Jan-July
- Vietnam's Pepper Export up 63 per cent in Volume in Jan-Feb
Vietnam sees surges in pepper exports to France in seven months have 309 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.