Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam's exporters should pay more attention to expanding sales on e-commerce platforms besides trade promotion activities in particular in order to expand export of ago-forestry-aquaculture products to China and its Guangdong province, according to the Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency (Vietrade) under the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT).
China remains the biggest importer of Vietnam's farm produce and food.
An online Vietnam – Guangzhou seafood trade connection programme held by Vietrade recently saw a large number of orders placed by Chinese businesses and entrepreneurs, with each company ordering from 4-5 containers of aquatic products from Vietnam each week.
To expand export of agricultural and aquatic products to China, the agency, localities and enterprises of Vietnam have joined many trade promotion programmes in the neighbouring country.
Commercial Consul of the Vietnamese Consulate General in Guangzhou Nguyen Duy Phu said however, Vietnamese exporters need to do more besides trade promotion. He stressed that e-commerce is developing strongly in China , so Vietnamese trade agencies, firms and trade organizations should pay more attention to this exporting channel.
Last year, two-way trade between Vietnam and Guangdong hit 41 billion USD, accounting for 20-21 percent of the total trade turnover between the two countries.
Of the figure, Vietnam's exports were worth 21 billion USD, and imports 19 billion USD.
Half of Vietnam's export earnings from Guangdong came from electronic components and mobile phones (10.5 billion USD). Aquatic products, fruits and rice followed with respective values of 300 million USD, 183 million USD and 160 million USD./.
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 16
- Port congestion impedes agricultural exports
- Experts seek ways for Vietnam to have healthier supply chain
- Project on climate change adaptation to benefit central Vietnam
- Vietnam, China to cement friendship, bilateral cooperation
- Sri Lanka eyeing green agriculture
- Cakes, tarts come to MP tribal village as state promotes local millets
- OPEC Plus Agrees on Oil Production Increase, Easing Pressure on Supplies and Prices
- SIMA seeks measures to bring stability to cotton price
- Centre removes export curbs on all diagnostic kits and reagents
- The Chinese film beating Bond and Marvel at the box office
- The good oat: How farmers are investing in the future of plant-derived milks
- Low private investment is a weak spot in the economy: Montek Singh Ahluwalia
- Traffic light signals change for Đà Lạt
- Incense village struggles to reignite post-pandemic
- I'm still watching Channel 8 in 2021 & the shows are still great
- Hollywood union reaches deal with major studios, averting strike
- Craft beer makers set sights on farmers’ markets
- Rwanda's clothing spat with the US helps China
- Vietnamese shrimp remains competitive in Germany due to price advantage
Vietnam seeks to increase agricultural product exports to Chinese locality have 420 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 24, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.