A memorandum of understanding to this effect was signed at a ceremony held in Faridabad city of India's Haryana state on September 23.
According to the agreement, the THSTI will evaluate immunogenicity of the Made-in-Vietnam Nanocovax COVID-19 vaccine candidate developed by Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology of Vietnam.
Under the agreement, Nanogen will send cell samples of volunteers participating in the third trial phase of Nanocovax to the THSTI for assessment.
Speaking at the event, Vietnamese Ambassador to India Pham Sanh Chau affirmed that the collaboration with the THSTI holds significant meaning for Nanogen in the research and development of the vaccine candidate.
The Indian institute's objective evaluation will help confirm the quality of Nanocovax and serve as a foundation for Nanogen to produce the homegrown COVID-19 vaccine for domestic use as well as for export.
THSTI is an institute of the Department of Biotechnology at the Ministry of Science and Technology of India. It has taken part in various vaccine development, assessment and trials in the country.
Nanogen is working with relevant Vietnamese agencies to step up trials of the vaccine candidate so that it will soon receive approval for emergency use in Vietnam.
Translated by Chung Anh
- Doctors are "pushing vaccines"? Gee, you say that as though that were a bad thing!
- Indian technical education needs wholesale reform
- The death of "Too many too soon": Not a moment too soon
- Marc Morano Wins Prestigious Award
- 2018 British Journalism Awards shortlist revealed: 'This is what Dame Cairncross needs to protect'
- Equitable partnerships for tackling killer infectious diseases
- Armstrong Williams to Buy TV Station?
- Disaster relief as a threat to state sovereignty – Saptarishi Bandopadhyay
- The American Presidency
- The Artist-Activists Decolonizing the Whitney Museum
- America Doesn’t Have to Be Like This
- Desiree Rogers to Leave Johnson Publishing Co. Along With Most of Ebony’s Masthead
- St. Louis Mayoral Candidate Ran Against Editorial Board—and Surprised Everyone
- Singapore suffers 'most serious' data breach, affecting 1.5M healthcare patients including Prime Minister
- Bill Maher’s Fate Up for Debate
- Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme
- Readers And Tweeters Chime In On Investigation Of Electronic Health Records
- Essence Won’t Be Part of Time Inc. Sale
- Global Migrants' Journey Stalls in Southern Mexico
Vietnam's homegrown Nanocovax COVID-19 vaccine to be assessed by Indian institute have 355 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on Talk Vietnam. If you want remove this page, please contact us.